Postby titanut » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:50 pm

Looking at the Sox boxscores, he hasn't been playing the last few
days--is he hurt?
titanut
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:01 pm

I couldn't find anything saying he was hurt...maybe they are just trying out other 2B options during games right now? :-?
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TB13 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:42 pm

I did read that Harris has closed the gap, as far as competition for starter goes.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MakeYouRunHome » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:04 pm

Harris, Willie , 2B - CHW
Mar 15, 10:32am EST

Chicago's second base job is still up for grabs, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. GM Ken Williams hasn't been pleased with Tadahito Iguchi's work at the plate recently, so he's challenging Iguchi and Harris to battle for the starting spot.

Fantasy Source spin: It's good news for Harris. A week ago, he was written off as a backup. Now, he has a chance to win the job. Keep watching this battle, but expect the players to continue sharing at-bats into April.

Iguchi, Tadahito , BENCH - CHW
Mar 15, 10:20am EST

The Chicago Sun-Times now says Iguchi doesn't have the second base job nailed down yet, and Willie Harris could end up starting at the position. Iguchi's recent slump at the plate has discouraged GM Ken Williams, and he pointed out that Iguchi won't start simply because of the money he's getting paid ($4.7 million over two years).

Fantasy Source spin: Take Williams' comments as a challenge to both players and as a warning to fantasy owners. The two might end up splitting time to begin the year. (Rob Hurtt/TSN)

:-t :-o
MakeYouRunHome
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:25 pm

I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again, (I drafted Sanchez and Dempster, for starters :~( ) but I think Iguchi will be the 2b and he will get most of the AB's (of course, I drafted him too... :-o ).

Can he really be doing much worse than Willie Harris?

From rotoworld.com:

Tadahito Iguchi's hold on the second base job in Chicago may not be as secure as initially thought.
Or at least that's the message White Sox GM Ken Williams sent yesterday when he said Willie Harris has not been ruled out as a starter. ''I told Ozzie [Guillen] I don't care what the contracts are,'' Williams said. ''That's my fault, not his fault. All I care about is winning.'' Unfortunately, Harris has hit .190 this spring, so he isn't exactly making a strong case for the job.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:47 pm

pokerplaya wrote:I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again, (I drafted Sanchez and Dempster, for starters :~( ) but I think Iguchi will be the 2b and he will get most of the AB's (of course, I drafted him too... :-o ).

Can he really be doing much worse than Willie Harris?

From rotoworld.com:

Tadahito Iguchi's hold on the second base job in Chicago may not be as secure as initially thought.
Or at least that's the message White Sox GM Ken Williams sent yesterday when he said Willie Harris has not been ruled out as a starter. ''I told Ozzie [Guillen] I don't care what the contracts are,'' Williams said. ''That's my fault, not his fault. All I care about is winning.'' Unfortunately, Harris has hit .190 this spring, so he isn't exactly making a strong case for the job.

harris is hitting .190, tadihito is hitting in the .220's, its the difference of a hit or two. guillen has been loving iguhci so i think the job is his. kenny is just a big mouth and when it comes down to it ozzie will make the call.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers