You Will Laugh Till You Cry - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

You Will Laugh Till You Cry

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:37 pm

Of course I don't know the first thing about guns except that they make bad people go away, but how did he shoot himself if he removed the clip? I don't know how Glocks work, and I guess it's possible there was a bullet in the chamber, but he even pulls the trigger before he tucks the gun in his pants or whatever. Any card carrying members of the NRA here care to enlighten me?
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pomplona's finest » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:18 pm

"The kids screamed and started to cry," said Vivian Farmer, who attended the presentation with her 13-year-old nephew.

Crying? I didnt hear any. :-?

"Everyone was pretty shaken up," Farmer said. "But the point of gun safety hit home. Unfortunately, the agent had to get shot. But after seeing that, my nephew doesn't want to have anything to do with guns."

Hey, maybe it took a little pain, but the guy probably did a better job than ever before on demonstrating how guns are dangerous. I love how he improvised after he got shot by saying that accidents like this happen easily.

Police ruled the shooting was an accident, but the DEA headquarters in Washington was still investigating, Kilmer said.

Do they really think he shot himself on purpose? :-b

Anyway, that was pretty funny, gotta admire a guy who would have the ability to not show any sign of pain(besides limping).

Anyway, that was pretty funny, I love how he improvised to make it [/quote]
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Madison » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:32 pm

8-o Oh man, that's crazy. 8-o

I bet they don't let him teach gun safety anymore. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby blankman » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:44 pm

FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:Of course I don't know the first thing about guns except that they make bad people go away, but how did he shoot himself if he removed the clip? I don't know how Glocks work, and I guess it's possible there was a bullet in the chamber, but he even pulls the trigger before he tucks the gun in his pants or whatever. Any card carrying members of the NRA here care to enlighten me?

Perhaps he hadn't cocked the gun yet? :-?

I don't know for sure. My experience with guns is limited to a .22 rifle and everything I use in video games :-b
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby nsulham » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:13 pm

Eh, I didn't fin it hilarious or anything :-?

Actually, I think he might have done it on purpose and had like a flack jacket or something underneath where he shot himself because I don't care how tough you are, if you get shot you don't keep talking like that.

My doubt is also underscored by the fact that he kept saying about "how accidents like this can happen". Seemed a little too convienent to me for him getting his point across.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JTWood » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:18 pm

FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:Of course I don't know the first thing about guns except that they make bad people go away, but how did he shoot himself if he removed the clip? I don't know how Glocks work, and I guess it's possible there was a bullet in the chamber, but he even pulls the trigger before he tucks the gun in his pants or whatever. Any card carrying members of the NRA here care to enlighten me?

I wasn't in the NRA, but I was in its militant wing - The United States Army. :-D

When you put a clip in a rifle, you can load the chamber by pulling back the charging handle. From that point on, the bullet stays in the chamber regardless of whether there is a clip in the rifle. This is a big deal at firing ranges. If you've ever heard someone say that they've had their rifle rodded, they are referring to a safety practice where a person drops a rod into the rifle to make sure there is not a bullet in the chamber before the person is allowed to leave the shooting range.

I've never been trained in pistols, but I would imagine the engineering is similar in this respect meaning that the idiot cocked the gun before he pulled the clip out leaving a bullet in the chamber.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:05 pm

JTWood wrote: but I was in its militant wing - The United States Army. :-D

I've never been trained in pistols,

WOW....I am not being facetious at all in saying this...but the Army doesn't train you in the use of a pistol.....that really stikes me as odd.... :-o
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JTWood » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:52 pm

DieHardCubbie wrote:

WOW....I am not being facetious at all in saying this...but the Army doesn't train you in the use of a pistol.....that really stikes me as odd.... :-o

Only officers and MPs use pistols. Most other general enlisted personnel only use rifles, grenades, etc.

Pretty standard stuff, really.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby blankman » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:57 pm

JTWood wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:

Only officers and MPs use pistols. Most other general enlisted personnel only use rifles, grenades, etc.

Don't you have a secondary weapon though in case something happens to your rifle?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:27 am

blankman wrote:
JTWood wrote:
DieHardCubbie wrote:

Don't you have a secondary weapon though in case something happens to your rifle?

That is one of the things I was getting at....and the other...It just seems to me that the basic training on fire arms would start with a pistol and the progress to heavier stuff....interesting... :-?
Last edited by DieHardCubbie on Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk