Why hasn't Cameron been traded yet? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why hasn't Cameron been traded yet?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why hasn't Cameron been traded yet?

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:47 am

I can't really figure it out why Cameron hasn't been traded yet. Pitt, and Hou are 2 teams that could without a doubt use a quality CF. I know rumors have been flying about sending Urbina to NY in a deal. But what about Houston??? I know they would love to move Biggio to 2nd and have a glove like Cameron to cover right center. They have tons of young starting pitching (Duckworth, Hernandez, Redding, Backe, Monro). Granted they need some of these guys to take the reigns when Clemens and Pettitte hang it up. But I think they could arrange to deal one of these guys, plus Lamb and take on some cash on to acquire Cameron. Plus, the fly ball hitter would really benefit hitting at Tropicana.

My other proposed place is Pittsburg, Cameron would for sure replace the barely decent Tike Redman and the inexperienced Bay in Centerfield, they should stop trying to get Byrnes and trade to get the better defensive Cameron. That would put Bay in Left, Cameron in CF, Lawton in RF and put Mak to the utility spot he belongs at. If Pitt offered Torres or Snell and some cash for Cameron I think it would be in the Met's best interest to make the deal. Torres would be the MR the have been looking for.

Would would Det want to make the deal Urbina for Cameron? Which one do you think has the most value??? There are loaded in the bullpen!!! Their bullpen costs more than thier SP. If Det were smart they'd look to Philly and inquire about the unseated Byrd could be a big compliment to their team if he becomes more consistent. I'm still lookin for Urbina to be traded, just not for Cameron, but instead to a team like the Cubs.

Wow, this fun. I love speculating.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 117)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:01 am

A. $$$$$$

B. a 230 avg

C. About 160 Ks
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:06 am

There are always ways around Money, I'm sure if Houston gives up enough NY will fit some of the bill.

The .230 avg will for sure go up some hitting in a more hitter friendly ballpark, espcially Tropicana.

The Ks are up to Cameron and his hitting coach. But I think its better than starting a rookie there with no power and no real value (ie Willi Taveras).
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:16 am

Cameron has no plate discipline...a complete hack. Will always K a lot. A good year for him would be a 250 avg...it can get a lot worse in a bad year. I can't see why the Stro's would trade anything of value to the Mets to offset the salary for someone like Cameron, esp if Berkman is due back in May. Biggio can play CF...so can Berkman and Lane...and Taveras may work out. Lots of options and Cameron's bat is hardly going to inspire anyone.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby hybrid » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:19 am

Also, he isn't even healthy yet. If I was a GM, I'm not trading for someone till they proove they are completely healthy again. I believe Cameron just started swinging in BP.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:29 am

He's going to K but at Tropicana his avg. will increase for sure to say .265, 30+ HR, 85RBI 25SBs, I say those numbers and not to mention his superb defense will be worth the money. Name all CF that are better than Cameron, the list is short, in fact I'll make it for you (Hunter, Jones, Edmonds, and a healthy Griffey, done!). Right center field at Tropicana is hard for OF's and Biggio pales in comparison to Cameron.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:33 am

Rotowire.com

Mar 14 Cameron (left wrist surgery) took live batting practice on Monday for the second straight day, and came out of the session with no pain in his wrist, the team's official website reports.

Recommendation: Cameron remarked than he felt sluggish due to the all the work he has been putting in but felt no pain in his surgically repaired wrist. He will probably rest on Tuesday and then take another round of batting practice on Wednesday. The one thing he has yet to do is check his swing in earnest, which would cause the most torque and possible pain in the wrist. Assuming he has no setbacks on Wednesday, he could be in line for a minor league intrasquad game later this week.

Sounds like he'll be fine.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby hybrid » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:35 am

Why are we calling where the Astros play, Tropicana?

Yeah and he just took BP, personally he isn't a great addition or anything so I don't see why someone would be jumping to get him. I've heard several Mets fans say he wasn't that great in CF as they expected him to be, so who knows. Give it some more time and Cameron will probably be traded, what's with the rush anyways?
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:39 am

HaHa, may bad, Minute Maid Park those orange juice names are confusing
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:26 am

He makes too much money for smaller teams. He is currently hurt. He's said he's willing to play RF. And the Mets have no one who can replace him unless they get an OF in return, which the teams mentioned don't seem to have either.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers