ANY THOUGHTS ON ALEX SANCHEZ??????? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ANY THOUGHTS ON ALEX SANCHEZ???????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ANY THOUGHTS ON ALEX SANCHEZ???????

Postby wdrub » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:58 pm

this guy could be a sleeper 50 steal candidate. I hate that he walks a dozen times a year but at least his average isnt daverobertseque
now that his mother and brother came from cuba he can have a good year any thoughts???????

do u rate him above lew ford?
wdrub
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TB13 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:04 pm

Stay far, far away
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:05 pm

I agree. He should be left off teams, unless the league is VERY deep
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:05 pm

Lew Ford is Babe Ruth compared to Sanchez. Sanchez is AWFUL. Only his SBS make him even a consideration in fantsy terms. In real terms...he will be lucky to not lose his job.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Buster Douglas » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:13 pm

Why no love? I was thinking he was my steals sleeper this year!!!

Should I go for Dave Roebrts instead?
Buster Douglas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LBJackal » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:18 pm

Roberts is out with a pulled groin. I'd avoid him as well. Sanchez does indeed suck, and shouldn't be starting for a MLB team. The speed demons to go after are Crawford, Pods, Pierre and Beltran. And Reyes if he can stay healthy. For a cheap SB source go for Jeremy Reed. He could swipe 25 and come cheap.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:19 pm

Why no love? I was thinking he was my steals sleeper this year!!!

Should I go for Dave Roebrts instead?

YES! Do it quickly before Roberts is gone. Sanchez might loose his job, and Roberts has a chance to lead the league in steals..but thats a big MIGHT
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:22 pm

LBJackal wrote:Roberts is out with a pulled groin. I'd avoid him as well. Sanchez does indeed suck, and shouldn't be starting for a MLB team. The speed demons to go after are Crawford, Pods, Pierre and Beltran. And Reyes if he can stay healthy. For a cheap SB source go for Jeremy Reed. He could swipe 25 and come cheap.

I disagree. Add Roberts right now. He is Posednik with 10 less HR's.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby orange12 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:29 pm

I think Sanchez deserves more consideration as a fantasy force than you guys give him. Yes, in real life Sanchez is a terrible lead off hitter. He's got no eye in the batter's box and down right amaturish on the base paths. But these faults are covered up nicely in fantasy play. (Unless you count OBP or CS.) From a fantasy perspective, his speed is a major threat to steal 40+ bases and his aweful hitting abilities are masked nicely by his consistant and respectable .280~.290 average. (Discounting last year.) I think he'd make a great utility player on a fantasy team that has alot of power but limited speed or as a back up outfielder. Even if you get no other production from him, 40 extra SB can literally win you the category and then some.
orange12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:32 pm

I think Sanchez deserves more consideration as a fantasy force than you guys give him. Yes, in real life Sanchez is a terrible lead off hitter. He's got no eye in the batter's box and down right amaturish on the base paths. But these faults are covered up nicely in fantasy play. (Unless you count OBP or CS.) From a fantasy perspective, his speed is a major threat to steal 40+ bases and his aweful hitting abilities are masked nicely by his consistant and respectable .280~.290 average. (Discounting last year.) I think he'd make a great utility player on a fantasy team that has alot of power but limited speed or as a back up outfielder. Even if you get no other production from him, 40 extra SB can literally win you the category and then some.

Yeah, BUT he might loose his job. So I wouldnt take the chance.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers