The 11th pick should get me who? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The 11th pick should get me who?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby reiser » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:24 pm

mcmahojl wrote:I would love to get Abreu and then maybe Chavez. That would get 3B out of the way, and I also see chavez having a big year this time around.

I don't think it's that big of a risk to wait on Chavez in the third-most drafts are going Arod, Rolen, Chavez/Beltre.
lh
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:49 pm

reiser wrote:
mcmahojl wrote:I would love to get Abreu and then maybe Chavez. That would get 3B out of the way, and I also see chavez having a big year this time around.

I don't think it's that big of a risk to wait on Chavez in the third-most drafts are going Arod, Rolen, Chavez/Beltre.
lh

Here's the problem with that: I'm the 11th pick in third round and during the second or third Chavez would most certainly be gone. Especially with this being a 16 team league. I'm very high on him and dont want to lose him and be stuck with a second tier third baseman.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:54 pm

perlick29 wrote:
reiser wrote:

lh

Here's the problem with that: I'm the 11th pick in third round and during the second or third Chavez would most certainly be gone. Especially with this being a 16 team league. I'm very high on him and dont want to lose him and be stuck with a second tier third baseman.

i think youre being a homer. i dont see chavez showing us anything new. and hes at a deep position, if i were you id get a huge outfielder.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby perlick29 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:00 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
perlick29 wrote:
reiser wrote:

lh

i think youre being a homer. i dont see chavez showing us anything new. and hes at a deep position, if i were you id get a huge outfielder.

I've got to change my sig. I'm not from Oakland nor do I care for them. I'm a Yankee fan who grew up loving Rickey Henderson.

In addition, after the top 5 3b's Arod rolen Chavez, Blalock, Beltre, I feel there is a nice dropoff to Mora and company. 3b is a position where I need to be solid that's why I'm looking for a guy like Abreu/Manny as my stud OF in the first round. To summarize, I'm not a homer, I'm a Henderson.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:03 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:i think youre being a homer.

me too. Chavez early 2nd rd is a Homer pick Perlick - no way around that. His upside is as high as Beltre's downside.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:06 pm

Don't listen to them perlick.

This is what you do. Get Ichiro in the first round and then Schmidt or Sheets on the come back.

If Ichiro is off the board in the first take Beltre and the best pitcher on the come back and target Pierre for the third round.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 282)

Postby Phatferd » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:09 pm

I may be alone here, but I think 3B is deep this year.

AROD
Rolen
Beltre
Blalock
Chavez
ARAM
Wright
Mora
Chipper
Lowell
Glaus

Yes there is a dropoff in there, but I dont think there is a big drop til you get to Glaus and arguably Lowell...The top 5 there is a SLIGHT drop. It's worth it to pass on Chavez hope he gets back to you, but if not I don't think you are in bad shape.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby black_hawk8888 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:12 pm

No way Chavez goes before the late 3rd, maybe 4th round. I would go Abreu and Ortiz with the first 2 picks and do Chavez and Michael Young with the 3 and 4. Then you have a sick infield and a solid OF starter with Abreu.
black_hawk8888
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Phatferd » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:14 pm

black_hawk8888 wrote:No way Chavez goes before the late 3rd, maybe 4th round. I would go Abreu and Ortiz with the first 2 picks and do Chavez and Michael Young with the 3 and 4. Then you have a sick infield and a solid OF starter with Abreu.

But no pitching, in a 16 team league, you need to take a pitcher in the first 3-4 rounds I think.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:19 pm

Phatferd wrote:I may be alone here, but I think 3B is deep this year.

AROD
Rolen
Beltre
Blalock
Chavez
ARAM
Wright
Mora
Chipper
Lowell
Glaus

Yes there is a dropoff in there, but I dont think there is a big drop til you get to Glaus and arguably Lowell...The top 5 there is a SLIGHT drop. It's worth it to pass on Chavez hope he gets back to you, but if not I don't think you are in bad shape.

well youre not alone considering i said it like 7 posts ago. you also forgot to mention aubrey huff at 3rd. just insane depth there.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers