how bout my team, not too shabby - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

how bout my team, not too shabby

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby captinii » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:54 pm

ok guys as someone has said, not to deal pujols unless a-rod or tejada is involved. well i think i could deal pujols off since i got some pretty good 1b in konerko and young who will put up some serious numbers so i would move konerko into my 1b spot and yound into my util. so anyways i found a team that is definately stronger than mine at hitting, i take him no problem with pitching but hes got hitting on me, well heres his team:

c-mauer
1b-thome
2b-iguchi
3b-a-rod
ss-rollins
of-m.cabrera
of-edmonds
of-walker
util-wilkerson

sp-pavano
sp-vasquez
rp-foulke
rp-f. cordero
p-carpenter
p-maddux
p-otsuka
bn-d.bush
bn-trachsel
bn-urbina

so after comparing his team and mine, id say he sits a little bit ahead of me. so what i was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit in figuring out a trade where i could ship off pujols to get a-rod and maybe strengthen my outfield. now he took a-rod 3rd overall in the draft so im afraid i might have to really make it look impressive for him. so any help would be very greatfully appreciated. thanks to all who help!!!
captinii
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby captinii » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:58 pm

bump
captinii
College Coach
College Coach

Postby go_jays_go » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:33 pm

rajah wrote:I wouldn't give the trophy to the other guy just yet. His RP is awful (Kolb guaranteed to blow up) and I am not thrilled with his SP depth, either. He also has almost no speed, with the exception of Podsednick's .245 average.

You can use help with hitting. Big risks with Wilson and Anderson. If they are both healthy, might be okay. Your IF is a little weak, imo (ex, Pujols, of course).

As to the trade offer, I would do it. Giles is 34 and plays in a park that severely depresses lefties #. Teixeira (sp?) is almost a lock for 40 hr. Might also see what kind of interest you can generate in something more solid for the IF, and see if you can get a SP thrown in as Prior-insurance.

Agreed.

:-?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DannyMyron89 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:53 pm

watch out for prior and g anderson.... hes hurting this spring, but if anderson is healthy he can put up very good numbers hitting with vlad and o cab, solid team...
how did colon win the cy young??

the world is comming to an end...woody paige has a Hall of Fame vote
DannyMyron89
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cafe_58 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:01 pm

I didn't read any of the other comments, but I really like your team. It's very solid. The only recommendation I have is to try and get more SP to add depth to your staff. Other then that, just watch the FA and make smart picks up and you should be fine.
cafe_58
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: You can find me in da dome, chillin wit Jarome.......

Postby Mickman772 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:06 pm

Its a pretty good team...I would really try to get better OF, I think they are really weak, pitchers and other possision players look good though.
Mickman772
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:11 pm

I'm not a fan of this team at all. Top 2 SPs are HUGE question marks. Mulder blew up second half of last year and Prior is an injury concern once again.

And in the OF you are going to have to pray Anderson and Preston stay healthy.

Closers are very good. No problems there.

I would drop a couple of the mid-relief guys you have for some possible sleeper SPs.

Also, I would do that trade for Vlad and Tex in a second. Giles is almost usless (not quite but he's getting old and hitting in a horrible park). And except for the runs and average I would expect Tex to rival Pujols in the power cats. And Vlad is a HUGE upgrade in the OF. It would give you a much better hitting team without really disturbing the balance at all. I really couldn't see the other guy doing it.

I'd be concerned with the lack of depth at SP because the 2 aces you have are questionable for this year.

Thanks for your input on my team as well.!! ;-D
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team