ESPN is a mess - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

ESPN is a mess

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ESPN is a mess

Postby bboy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:55 am

A 8 man h2h league (for fun cos who the hell takes h2h seriously) and shut out. God knows who I've got now. Yes broadbarn bal bla bla. Money back please.
bboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nikku88 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:08 am

What happened? You couldn't connect to the live draft?
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bboy » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:13 am

Had 3 picks 4-6 rnds and back out. Luckily I was no1 and got Pujols but have lots of pitchers now. :-t
bboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:51 am

Yet you paid money for it? ESPN is total garbage. Worst product on the market of the major providers and one of the most expensive.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby nuggets » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:20 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Yet you paid money for it? ESPN is total garbage. Worst product on the market of the major providers and one of the most expensive.

What are the better leagues?
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:32 am

Anyone. CBS Commissioner is the best product for the price imo. For public leagues CBS is about as good as anyone suppose.

Yahoo private leagues are fine and the product is customizable, free and always up. Interface and reporting blow but no big deal. Their public leagues are sort of a mess as free public leagues draw a lot of inexperienced and non-serious players.

ESPN has no customization, brutally AWFUL customer service, is not reliable and expensive. Their paid experts are generally clueless with less knowledge than most posters on most fantasy boards. The only good thing I can say about ESPN is their stats are pretty good. Avg draft position, most added-dropped and player indexes are pretty decent
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby nuggets » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:34 am

Thought the Sporting News Mag was pretty insightful, ever use that site?
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:44 am

Not to any great degree. I played the free salary cap half season leagues on TSN last year just for fun. CBS and Yahoo sort of meet most of the fantasy provider needs. Have not heard anything bad about TSN though.

ESPN is sort of the one that is large and just really BAD imo. I am sure some will defend it, but I can't understand why. Every year you hear stories of ESPN drafts gone bad and how they give away free teams to make up for it. How canyou be that messed up as a business to cntine to have such problems year in and year out?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:30 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Not to any great degree. I played the free salary cap half season leagues on TSN last year just for fun. CBS and Yahoo sort of meet most of the fantasy provider needs. Have not heard anything bad about TSN though.

ESPN is sort of the one that is large and just really BAD imo. I am sure some will defend it, but I can't understand why. Every year you hear stories of ESPN drafts gone bad and how they give away free teams to make up for it. How canyou be that messed up as a business to cntine to have such problems year in and year out?
I agree
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:10 am

I agree that ESPN sucks, but I also think CBS is basically just as bad - slow interface, poor draft software, but it looks good ;-7

Give me Yahoo unless you need to customize, its much faster, simpler to use, and its interface is basically flawless.

I have a TSN league, and thats not bad at all. It takes some getting used to, but I already like it more than ESPN and CBS.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers