RATE THIS TEAM.....IT'LL BE WORTH YOUR WHILE... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

RATE THIS TEAM.....IT'LL BE WORTH YOUR WHILE...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby papagiorgio01 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:07 pm

I'd actually try to trade morris and/or berkman for a good SP. I think Berkman wont be ready for the first month or so and after that his use will be questionable.
papagiorgio01
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby noseeum » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:08 pm

I think you're whole team is pretty risky.

Even on offense, you're depending on a lot of what ifs. Berkman, Sexson, and Wilson are all high risk picks due to their injuries. Having all of them on one team is a very high risk move, and it makes it difficult for you to trade. They're all at their absolute low in value right now, so you're stuck with them. At the same time, since they're coming off injuries, you can't rely on them in the beginning of the season, so you can't trade your other studs. It seems you may be in a bind for trading for a stud pitcher. I'm sure Sexson will be fine, but the other two, I'd be worried about.

Besides them, of course Sheff, Vlad and Tex are great, and I expect Nomar to have a very good, if not early Nomar-esque, year.

I think your pitching is good, but again, you're taking on a lot of risk. Sure, if all of those guys pitch to the most optimistic reasonable forecasts, you'll have a sick staff. But that's not likely. Burnett should be killer. The rest all COULD be, but it's in no way a sure thing.

Don't mean to be harsh. It's just how I see it. It could all go well for you, but I would say you're carrying a lot of risk, and it's best to mitigate some of it if you can. I would suggest a trade. Maybe you could convince someone that Berkman is worth a high value pitcher with a little risk like Halladay? That way, you don't suffer the missed month of Berkman and you get yourself another solid SP.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

your team

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:33 pm

your team looks pretty good, but u should try and trade some of ur guys to pick up some good Sp's.
DbacksAllTheWay
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team