Tejeda or Soriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tejeda or Soriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby MaggsIsMint » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:05 pm

baseballnewb wrote:Abreu if he is still there, otherwise Tejada. But don't expect 150 RBI out of him, if anything that lineup will produce worse this year and its unlikely he'll drive in that high of a percentage of runs again this year.

I know that 150 rbi's again is hoping for a little much but I doubt that his numbers will decline with any significance especially with the added protection of Sosa in the line-up.
MaggsIsMint
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby baseballnewb » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:21 pm

Because Mora's , Newhan and Lopez's numbers are very likely to regress and Sosa doesn't really offer any better protection than Lopez did. That is very likely Tejada's career year and from this point on he will slightly regress just like most players do after their career year.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:22 pm

Sosa may be something of a downgrade protection-wise. Did Lopez bat behind Tejada last year? Or was it someone else?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jpbusta » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:25 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Sosa may be something of a downgrade protection-wise. Did Lopez bat behind Tejada last year? Or was it someone else?

I'm pretty sure Palmeiro did. :-[
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby baseballnewb » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:33 pm

Tejada split time between #3 and #4 so its hard to track but Lopez and Palmiero split time behind him.

Lopez had 421 PA's in the 5 hole, Palmiero had 243 PA. palmiero's OPS vs right handed hitters was higher than Sosa's last year, it was just lefties that killed him, so the majority of the time he provided good enough protection as well.

Palmiero had 330 PA's batting fourth as well. Mora split time between batting 2nd and 3rd as well. Their lineup was not really set in stone.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby NZF » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:46 pm

Tejada's greatest strength is that he will play 162 games this season. Not should or he maybe will, HE WILL play 162 games this season.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:03 am

Tejada is the pretty clear choice here. However, everyone is fooling themselves if they think he will have 150RBI's next year. Not even close. Bank on 30hrs/110rbi's, and not much more.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:13 pm

pokerplaya wrote:Tejada is the pretty clear choice here. However, everyone is fooling themselves if they think he will have 150RBI's next year. Not even close. Bank on 30hrs/110rbi's, and not much more.

Well if I can bank on that from a SS it's well worth 6th pick to me. But I believe he'll have better numbers than even that. To me without question it should be Tejada if these are the only two choices you are going with. I drafted 8th in 10 team and was dealing with this same choice. To my surprise Santana dropped to me so I took him instead. Lucky for me the other two owners after me wanted guys they had last year so Tejada came back around to me with the 13th overall pick. But if had to choose between them I'd still take Tejada because I feel 2B has a few more options than SS.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers