March Madness Selection Show - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

March Madness Selection Show

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BGbootha » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:59 pm

seems to be a lot of people hating on Washington out there in the world right now (although not too many on here)

Anyone willing to bet their AV/sig that Washington won't be the first #1 eliminated???
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tavish » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:19 pm

As always there are some real compelling matchups down the road.

UNC v KU in the Elite 8. Roy against the team he recruited.

UNC v Duke in the Final 4. College BB version of NY v Boston.

KU v Illinois in the Championship Game. Self against the team he recruited.

Chances are of course not many of these will come true.

OSU, Wake, UNC, OU in the Final Four.
UNC beats OSU in the Championship.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DaQ » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:38 pm

Two games I want top see

Illinois vs Texas - Roudn 2: I think if Illinois is to suffer a big upset, it's to these guys. They're not too bad.

Washington vs Pitt - Round 2: Pittsburgh beat UConn and swept Syracuse. If I was Washington, I'd be scared of them too. I think the Huskies could still win, but I would not be surprised if Pitt won.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:39 pm

Tavish wrote:UNC v Duke in the Final 4. College BB version of NY v Boston.

that would be nasty if that happened in the final four.... it has never happened but it would be interesting to see how the winner of the game played in the championship game.... i would think they would be worn down considerably after playing their arch rivals just 2 days before.... but who knows,,hopefully we can find out this year..... ;-D ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:07 pm

BGbootha wrote:seems to be a lot of people hating on Washington out there in the world right now (although not too many on here)

Anyone willing to bet their AV/sig that Washington won't be the first #1 eliminated???

I won't get into a challenge, but I can see Pacific beating Washington or giving them a serious run for their money.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DaQ » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:11 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
Tavish wrote:UNC v Duke in the Final 4. College BB version of NY v Boston.

that would be nasty if that happened in the final four.... it has never happened but it would be interesting to see how the winner of the game played in the championship game.... i would think they would be worn down considerably after playing their arch rivals just 2 days before.... but who knows,,hopefully we can find out this year..... ;-D ;-D

Maybe it would be like the US vs USSR in hockey in 1980. The US viewed that sa their championship game, but that was just the semi-final. They did win the final against Finland, but that's not what people remember.

CubsFan7724 wrote:
BGbootha wrote:seems to be a lot of people hating on Washington out there in the world right now (although not too many on here)

I won't get into a challenge, but I can see Pacific beating Washington or giving them a serious run for their money.

Too bad Pacific won't reach that game...Pitt will beat them. I know Pacific wins a lot of games, but who do they play that's really all that great? Maybe they play a really good team or two, but Pitt plays in the Big East, so they're going to have the tougher "Strength of Schedule".
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby irishdude103 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:31 pm

all i can say is UW rocks, a no 1 seed, hell yeah. I am one of the biggest UW fans around and i am so happy i can't even say how much
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GEBaseball3 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:18 am

well KU got shafted but i would love to see them matchup against NC in the Elite 8, i feel KU matches up really well with them, and a KU-Illinois Final 4 would be awesome. My sleeper pick to win it is Georgia Tech they are coming on strong.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
-Archie Griffen, two-time Heisman winner
GEBaseball3
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bucsfan04 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:03 pm

Vermont got a really bad draw as a #13 playing Syracuse (who i have in the final 4) in the first round. Also, being a GW fan, I think they should have been at least a 10 seed.
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby warrick95 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:19 pm

I'm a fan of UAB basketball...gotta love the scrappy defense. I'm very pleased that they're dancing. ;-D They were definitely on the bubble.

WF should've gotten the last #1 instead of Washington...they only lost to State because Paul was suspended. THey'll end up being stronger than WU in the tourney. It matters little, though, because they're in the same bracket and WF will knock Washington off if they do end up playing. I think Washington will lose to GaTech, who's red hot.

UNC will win the tournament in my opinion.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk