Burrell has 2 bombs today already. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Burrell has 2 bombs today already.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BravesGuy » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:07 pm

"When camp opened, the Phillies' slugger was experiencing soreness in his left wrist…but only when batting. That's all. Burrell injured a tendon in his wrist last summer and elected not to have surgery to have it repaired. Pretty shocking that it's bothering him again, huh? Oh, and he also missed their game last Friday because of a sore right quad. " - fanball
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pomplona's finest » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:31 pm

JDD wrote:So you are saying that spring stats are important, but they really aren't??

Thanks for clearing that up.

He is trying to say that the only thing Spring Training stats are good for are making wise transactions due to the good or bad hype generated from ST.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:39 pm

nice...pat the bat is wasting his streaks in ST. :-t :-b
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby hybrid » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:45 pm

BravesGuy wrote:"When camp opened, the Phillies' slugger was experiencing soreness in his left wrist…but only when batting. That's all. Burrell injured a tendon in his wrist last summer and elected not to have surgery to have it repaired. Pretty shocking that it's bothering him again, huh? Oh, and he also missed their game last Friday because of a sore right quad. " - fanball

Yeah I remember reading that, then the next day or so Burrell said it wasn't true.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Yoda » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:21 pm

eftda wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:I wouldn't pay any attention to ST stats but it is a good sign that his wrist isn't hurting him.

Spring Training is more important than many believe. Soranio was 0-16 and will be great to trade for. Burrel is doing wel and if hes on your team, (and you don't trust that he'll do well) this is the time to trade him.

I agree that rbi's, and homeruns dont count. but stolen bases and hits are importnat to look at. Odds are, the players who don't do well in spring will rebound mid April, but from a fantasy stand point, some stats are important.

my 2 cents

No ST stats are important to look at. The only relevant info you can gain from ST are position battles, injuries and playing time (I guess you can put under position battles but it's a little different I think).
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GameOn » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:49 pm

My thoughts are spring training stats are that they are a good indicator of a player's performance this year if he is putting up good numbers. If a good player is slumping then I do not think it will have an effect on his stats during the season.
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby AKhomebrewer » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:01 pm

I think the point eftda was trying to make about ST stats is that the astute fantasy owner can use them to personal advantage.

OK, maybe that was not his point, but it was the summary I got from his post :-D.
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby wrveres » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:17 pm

I think this is the 2nd Hitting coach Philly has gone through in the last two seasons, and each one claims that they know how to fix the guy. Sooner or later Pat is going to figure it out. He has all the talent in the world, its just a shame to see it going down the tubes. :-t
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby Cooner » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:18 pm

read the sig :-D
|
|
V
Cooner