About where should Ordonez, Berkman, and P. Wilson be taken? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

About where should Ordonez, Berkman, and P. Wilson be taken?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

About where should Ordonez, Berkman, and P. Wilson be taken?

Postby AuburnTigers » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:16 pm

What rounds or picks do you think that each of these players are worth taking?
AuburnTigers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fan-addict » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:32 pm

i'm not sure about rounds, but i'm looking to get berkman for up to $25 in my n.l. only auction league. and i would look to get wilson for less than $20. around $16 or $17 would be dandy.
fan-addict
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:23 pm

I've got them ranked Berk, Mags and Wilson. I expect both Berkman and Mags to go somewhere rounds 7-9 and Wilson to go a couple of rounds later.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby rlee » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:47 pm

If this helps you at all, in our league draft yesterday, Ordonez went in round 8 (9th/12 selection), Berkman went in the 10th (3), and Wilson was drafted in the 14th (6).

My personal opinion is that Ordonez went too early :-t , Berkman was just about right considering he'll be on the DL for a month B-) , and Wilson was a good value in the 14th (I projected him to go in the 12th round) ;-D .
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Capnpitz » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:53 pm

These are three guys with a pretty wide variation depending on who you ask. Personally I've got them all ranked pretty similarly, and I'd take them as early as the seventh above guys like Shawn Green and Jacque Jones if I had to but prefer to wait until the ninth or tenth.
Capnpitz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Irish » Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:25 pm

I got Berkman in the 12th in one of my Yahoo drafts. My league is very anti-IL guys though.

I would grab him around the ninth or tenth. 1 month is nothing, especially if you have bench spots.
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:10 pm

Maggs went in the 9th round in ours, I nabbed Berkman 13th rd, P Willy went rd 17 to which I felt was a great gamble pick. Seemed this year my league mates stayed far and wide of the more risky injury guys of last year. With the exception of me. I decided to take risks just about from rounds 8 on till the end of the draft. R.Sexon 8th rd I felt was a steal and a half. M.Morris rd 15,P.Nevin rd 17, M.Sweeney rd 20, Urbina rd 22.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:17 pm

Nevin should not be going round 17 (round 13 is more appropriate, imo). He is always an injury risk, but he was healthy last season and I fail to see why a guy with 28/100 power numbers falls to the 17 round, but that is me. M. Sweeney in round 20 is a fair enough gamble. He is a walking injury waiting to happen though. Morris in round 15 I would have passed on. Sexson round 8 is OK, just do not like the risk/reward factor that high. 1b is deep and round 8 there are still likely to be decent players still on the board, though maybe not with as much power potential as Sexson.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby paw75 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:23 pm

I would think that Berkman would probably be in the latest rounds of most drafts with this knee injury. Maggs and Wilson should be taken as a 4th or fifth outfielder.
paw75
paw75
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nikku88 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:24 pm

I like Sexson in round 8. If he stays healthy he should produce very well with lots of HRs and RBI.
I see Berkman going in the 10th or 11th.
He's injured, but most leagues always draft him for his potential.
P. Wilson really drops off the radar, but should be able to be grabbed 15 +
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers