player rankings - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

player rankings

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

player rankings

Postby aznsmartguy » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:31 am

i know there are players rankings on the left but im a first timer and i want to know everybody's overall value in H2H...i have trouble with positional rankings because i dont even know what positions to draft first...can someone please direct me to some overall value rankings?

thanks
aznsmartguy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:36 am

dont worry about drafting positions until round 10 or so...until then just get the best available player that u can... u can fill in positions needed after round 10 or so...

here is a h2h mock done right here in the cafe this past january and february that might help u with rounds certain players went in.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chicksdigdalongball » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:15 pm

Take a look at the overall rankings at http://www.baseballdocs.com.

It is the only site that I know of that provides a feel for player value relative to other positions with color bands noting players of "equivalent value". This should help give you a feel for what positions are hot relative to the available talent level at each position. All in all, their rankings are pretty decent and in my opinion can be considered fairly reliable as a whole.

If anyone else knows of a site that does a similar ranking system, I would love to hear it. Also checkout http://www.rotochamps.com. They do projections and provide a nugget or two extra when clicking on players.

I also like http://www.fanball.com for player updates. It's on their front page and a good source to check for the latest in player news and fantasy impact.

Last, as far as forums and pretty decent advice as a whole, you came to the right place first. In my opinion, the cafe has the best forums in baseball. Lots of good stuff here.

As with anything, you will get better and learn from your mistakes. This should at least get you running with a fairly competitive team for your first year in baseball.
chicksdigdalongball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers