Which rookie will have the greatest impact THIS year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Which rookie will have the greatest impact THIS year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AcidRock23 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:40 pm

stumpak wrote:Swisher a contact hitter? Are you crazy? Of all the rookies, he is clearly the most overrated. He doesn't run at all and his minor league career average is .258. Sure he may hit 25 HRs, but would you want Matt Stairs on your fantasy team? That is basically what he will be: Mike Cameon without the SBs.

I would have to say Ignuchi or Reed out of the people listed, but what about Wright?

+1 to the comments on Swisher's overratedness. His price probably still fits in w/ 'Moneyballism' but I don't see any of his numbers projecting into major major league success just yet. I've not seen him hit though.

I think Wright no longer qualifies as a rookie but I think he'll be pretty decent too.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Natural » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:44 pm

I'd have to go with Reed. Should give you a decent average and some steals.
The Natural
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Surfs up » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:29 pm

If you have a couple of guys that can offset Swishers batting average than Swisher is the guy. I do and he's on my team. I'll take the 25 hrs and .258 average. they all can't be .290-.300 hitters. 25 hrs.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 198)

Postby Strasil42 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:32 pm

Tavish wrote:Chris Burke. Talented rookies in hitters parks that have no competition for the position are usually the best bets to make an impact. Clint Barmes would be my second choice.

arent they thinking about playing biggio at 2nd???
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tavish » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:36 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
Tavish wrote:Chris Burke. Talented rookies in hitters parks that have no competition for the position are usually the best bets to make an impact. Clint Barmes would be my second choice.

arent they thinking about playing biggio at 2nd???

I think they are having Biggio work out there during the spring, but with Berkman injured I don't see how they have enough talent to fill the OF without Biggio in LF. If Burke bombs he might be in trouble when Berkman is healthy though.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers