Heading to Las Vegas! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Heading to Las Vegas!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:16 am

Pacman wrote:Good luck in Vegas, crapshooter. Play the pass line and two come bets, taking full odds always. ;-D (That give you the best odds in the casino, unless you're a blackjack card counter)


With the name crapshooter I am sure he already knows this. I do admit that I win almost all my money betting the field
Image
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3522
Joined: 8 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby GiantFan666 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:33 am

always bet on black.. sorry I couldn't resist a cheesy Wesley Snipes line
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1588
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Midwest Hell aka Omaha

Postby Pacman » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:02 am

SHOCKandAWE wrote:
Pacman wrote:Good luck in Vegas, crapshooter. Play the pass line and two come bets, taking full odds always. ;-D (That give you the best odds in the casino, unless you're a blackjack card counter)


With the name crapshooter I am sure he already knows this. I do admit that I win almost all my money betting the field


Shockandawe, I love craps, it's really the only game I play when I get to the casinos. Lots of people play the Field, it's simple and the odds are decent, certainly better than any of those prop bets in the middle of the table (all sucker bets). But when you run the numbers, one of the lowest house advantage (around 1%) in the entire casino is the pass line or come bets with full odds -- meaning the difference between what it pays and the odds of it happening are only about 1%. The field bet has a house advantage of 5.55%, again much better than those prop bets (horn bets, Any Seven, etc, which have a house advantage of between 11% and 16%)!

But everybody plays different, it's whatever is most enjoyable to you.








peace
Image
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2569
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Birthplace of the US Navy

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:22 pm

Pacman wrote:
SHOCKandAWE wrote:
Pacman wrote:Good luck in Vegas, crapshooter. Play the pass line and two come bets, taking full odds always. ;-D (That give you the best odds in the casino, unless you're a blackjack card counter)


With the name crapshooter I am sure he already knows this. I do admit that I win almost all my money betting the field


Shockandawe, I love craps, it's really the only game I play when I get to the casinos. Lots of people play the Field, it's simple and the odds are decent, certainly better than any of those prop bets in the middle of the table (all sucker bets). But when you run the numbers, one of the lowest house advantage (around 1%) in the entire casino is the pass line or come bets with full odds -- meaning the difference between what it pays and the odds of it happening are only about 1%. The field bet has a house advantage of 5.55%, again much better than those prop bets (horn bets, Any Seven, etc, which have a house advantage of between 11% and 16%)!

But everybody plays different, it's whatever is most enjoyable to you.








peace


Yea I play the pass line with 2 come bets often as well. I have a certain strategy that I use with the field that has done well for me. I normally come home a winner 80% of the time with this strategy. The biggest key is short term at the table. I try to not stay at a table for more than 1/2 hour at a time. I dont win huge but normally I come home with around $1000-$1200 ahead each time.
Image
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3522
Joined: 8 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby Pacman » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:10 am

SHOCKandAWE wrote:
Yea I play the pass line with 2 come bets often as well. I have a certain strategy that I use with the field that has done well for me. I normally come home a winner 80% of the time with this strategy. The biggest key is short term at the table. I try to not stay at a table for more than 1/2 hour at a time. I dont win huge but normally I come home with around $1000-$1200 ahead each time.


That's excellent, Shock. Sounds like we play fairly similarly. I don't incorporate a field bet strategy, I just keep three numbers working (pass line and two come bets). And I'm with you on trying to get ahead quickly and getting off the table quickly too. My best trips to the casino are the ones where I spend a more time sightseeing and less time hanging over the rail of the craps table.

;-D
Image
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2569
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Birthplace of the US Navy

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact