Please rate my team, THANKS! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my team, THANKS!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my team, THANKS!

Postby dave4ster » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:26 am

I had the 7th pick in a 12 team H2H league. here are the stat cats: R-H-HR-RBI-SB-AVG-OBP, W-SV-K-ERA-WHIP-K/BB-K/9

1. R Johnson SP
2. M. Prior SP
3. B. Lidge RP
4. J. Peavy SP
5. K. Wood SP
6. J. Beckett BN
7. J. Pierre OF
8. R. Sexson 1B
9. S Sosa OF
10. S. Podsednik OF
11. C. Lee UTIL
12. B. Wilerson BN
13. J. Mauer C
14. J. Lugo 2B
15. M. Gonzalez RP
16. R. Madsen RP
17. K. Matsui SS
18. K. Greene BN
19. V. Padilla BN
20. M. Cuddyer 3B
21. B. Madritsch BN

I missed out on M. Batista RP, as I forgot to look on my cheat sheet, and he was taken in round 18. Based on what you see, did I pick any guys to soon, and who did I steal? I think I need another RP that can get me saves, and I think I took Pierre too high, but I am hoping to win SB most weeks. I know I also could have a problem with HR/RBI unless all my guys produce to their max predictions. Please be honest, and let me have it. Thanks.
dave4ster Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yanks#27 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:44 am

You will most likely win almost every P category, but you have weak hitting. Taking a chance on Sexon, love OF, and your expecting a lot of guys to step up on offense, Kaz, Green, Mauer is good but really unporven in my view, knee is issue, might move to 1b if it continues. Piere, Posednik, and Lugo will give you a huge edge on SBs.
New York Yankees 2005 Champs
yanks#27
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:48 am

Nice pitching.....but hitting is gonna be a tuff one for you....before the year is over you will need to make some moves for a few bats.... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby dave4ster » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:53 am

Would Shea Hillenbrand of Mark Kotsay help my squad? Both hit for around .300 average last year and 180+ hits. Neither were drafted. Is there a reason they went undrafted? I could drop one of my last 3 picks for them, and Hillenbrand can play 3b.
dave4ster Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby yanks#27 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:25 am

I don't know, people have left Kotsay alone in my drafts to, all I can say is get him before someone realizes.
New York Yankees 2005 Champs
yanks#27
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sockeye » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:13 pm

In a 12 team league, I think you are going to get crushed in hitting, frankly. Your steals are great, but power and OBP categories are going to kill you. And in h2h, you might still lose steals 10% of the time. Your greatest bona fide source of power and OBP (Sexson) is still an injury risk. I do love the C. lee pick in rnd 11, however.

When picking up power, I would target the 1B and 3B, since I am especially worried about the risk of Sexson and Cuddyer. The power will come relatively cheap at these positions (relative to MI or C), and your OF (Pierre, Wilk, Sosa, C. Lee) are more reliable/lower risk.

Here are some things I would do, in descending order of importance:

1) Dump Madsen for a H or SP on the WW with high upside in more than 2 categories. Madsen is not going to give you enough innings or saves to affect your already-great pitching very much.
2) Try to deal for some bona fide power and OBP that will drive in runs. Huff and Hafner are 2 guys that come to mind. Edmonds is another, though I know he plays OF.

Guys to dangle as trade bait:

- Pods. You'll be competitive in SB and R even without him, and it is likely that someone overstocked in power will give you good power for him. You then also shed the risk of his 550 AB of a .244 avg and .330 OBP dragging you down.

- Wood. Gasp! This guy still hasn;t figured it out, and probably won't help your particular staff in WHIP or K/BB even if he breaks out in W and ERA this season. He's also hurting a bit already. But he may have really hig value to someone else in teh league. Don;t give him away, but see what you can get. I think Huff would have way more value to yoru team than Wood right now.

- Sosa.

- Padilla. Even at his best, he's not going to do anything but detract from the equation of numbers you get from Prior/RJ/Beckett/Peavy/Wood. The guy is costing you roster opportunity. Depth is nice, but he is already hurting and may never put it together even when he's healthy. At least Madrisch is healthy and in a nice pitcher's park.

Hope this helps.
sockeye
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dave4ster » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:40 pm

Geoff Jenkins is available. Should I grab him in hopes of some type of trade, that could free up an OF spot for him? I hate to have 2 OF from the same team in my line-up.
dave4ster Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team