Nen could miss the rest of the season!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nen could miss the rest of the season!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nen could miss the rest of the season!!

Postby SoCalRebel » Sat May 03, 2003 7:35 pm

Giants: Nen could miss the entire season

The News
The Contra Costa Times reports Giants All-Star closer Robb Nen could miss the entire season. Trainer Stan Conte has not set a timetable for Nen to resume throwing and refuses to speculate on when he might return. After the All-Star break is his best case scenario, but missing the season is also a possibility. Nen underwent diagnostic surgery on his sore right shoulder May 18. Inflamed and irritated tissue was cleaned up in a 25-minute procedure. It was Nen's second shoulder surgery in five months.
Our View
This doesn't sound promising. The only way Nen should be on a roster in one-year leagues right now is if you are allowed to stash him on your injured list indefinitely.

http://www.fanball.com/bb/newsBreakers.cfm
Im not an expert but I have an opinion
SoCalRebel
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby La§ Aguila§ » Sat May 03, 2003 7:38 pm

Yup, I heard that to.
[b]DoMiNiCaN FoR LiFe ![/b]
La§ Aguila§
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Sun May 04, 2003 1:21 am

Steal of the Draft or season if it happens ...

I drafted Worrell for .50 cents as the last Player in My 10 tm NL only, money game. I figured I could get a few extra saves before Nen returned ... but wow.. big fricking WOW ... If this is true ... I may be able to shop Smoltz for a corner .. Already in negotions for Rolen .. and still finish in the top 2 in saves .. Willaimson is my other Closer ...

Homework pay's off to start another Fantasy Baseball season ...
Damn I love this game ...

;-D Lets Go Worrell
He's going to make me a couple grand ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby jonnyblack » Sun May 04, 2003 1:31 pm

It is my gut feeling that The Nenner is a gonner. He and izzy, and Trevor should go on a cruise together, heal their shoulders, and repent the damage they have done to their loyal fantasy owners. Though Izzy is "likely" to return, i'm not so sure. They keep pushing back his days. The guy has hardly thrown. Wasn't he only supposed to be out a week or two. Now its going to be at least two months. While Izzy has the best chance to make it back, i wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any of them this year.
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Return to Baseball Leftovers