Help rate, What do I need? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help rate, What do I need?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help rate, What do I need?

Postby RAmst23 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:25 pm

Ok so my league (5x5 Roto) went closer crazy early on and I just ignored the whole thing. I took Octavio Dotel and later grabbed Miguel Batista and Luis Ayala, but they drafted their RPs way too early, so I let them. Anyway:

C Mike Liberthal
1B Richie Sexson
2B Brian Roberts
3B Mike Lowell
SS Michael Young
OF Vlad Guerrero
OF Miguel Cabrera
OF Vernon Wells
Util Justin Monreau
BN Preston Wilson
BN Ryan Freel
BN Pedro Feliz

SP Mark Prior
SP Roy Oswalt
RP Octavio Dotel
RP Miguel Batista
P Chris Carpenter
P Mark Buehrle
P Matt Morris
BN Brad Penny
BN Luis Ayala

Like I said, they took the relievers.. Any opinions?
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby philcore » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:01 pm

what did you do during the draft? if it's a 10 team, you could have done better in my opinion. your offense needs help. you need steals other than roberts and maybe wells.

your C is bad, sexson is a big?, lowell is getting old, roberts is hurt and not a great hitter. and besides prior and oswalt your P's are medium.
philcore
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

yer team

Postby squirtle » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:23 pm

needs more speed to be sure...I think your bats are ok though...if they stay healthy I think you will be fine but there are some question marks there...

batista and dotel is a fine base to yer rp's just watch the wire for another one...I like yer starting pitching overall but there is a bit of a drop after oswalt...it might depend on how carpenter does...

for a ten team it might be just a tad weak though...I did a ten team league for the first time this year and if I had to do it over I would have had a different strategy I think as I was shocked at the level of talent left afterward...

that said, without seeing the rest of the teams it doesn't look horrible but you are going to lose a lot of points in speed, I'd try and trade for it or scour the wire as there is bound to be some good talent there...I'm not a fan of Freel this year cuz who knows when he will play...
squirtle
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RAmst23 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:55 pm

Sorry forgot to mention this is a 12 team. Anyway, yea there is some talent out on the wire right now concerning speed, Jeremy Reed is out there. I offered to trade a guy Ayala and Buerhle for Hoffman, and he said he'd consider it in a bit. I'm fine having Lowell and Sexson, especially with Monreau backing him up anyway. I'm big on Carpenter so I'm fine having him as my 3rd SP.

Also, bad C? Compared to what? There's not much out there and I Lieberthal is fine in my book along with Roberts. Two crappy positions, not much there.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team