Stupid Horrible Pitching Staff - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Stupid Horrible Pitching Staff

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stupid Horrible Pitching Staff

Postby bnh214 » Sat May 03, 2003 6:08 pm

I remember bragging about this pitching staff I assembled in the pre-season and people in here accusing me of being in a 4 team league. (10 teams for the record)

Mark Burehle
Matt Morris
Wade Miller
Derrick Lowe
Josh Beckett
Armando Benitez
Braden Looper
Matt Mantei

It's a head to head league that counts, wins, losses, saves, K's, era, whip, k/bb ratio, and home runs given up.

These guys are driving me crazy. I get murdered in pitching every week.

So, let me ask you guys, should I sit tight or do I need to make some major moves? Are any of these guys going to come around. Right now my 2 Marlins are my best pitchers, who knew?

Thanks in advance.
bnh214
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HYLRedSox » Sat May 03, 2003 6:10 pm

Burehle, Morris, DLowe and Miller will all return to form, IMO. If they're still killing you in a month or so, I would reconsider.
HYLRedSox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jdh » Sat May 03, 2003 6:59 pm

I think (and hope because he's on my team) that Miller will return to form, as will the Astros once Kent and Bagwell start heating it up. Remember that Miller is a big time second half pitcher. Buerhle and Morris have both not been that far off their normal form, and both have ERA's below 3.50 last time I looked. They have both been victimized by horrible run support and both the Cards and White Sox have excellent offensive lineups so that won't keep up.

Lowe is the only one I'd worry about because I think he was badly overrated going into the season. His 2002 came out of nowhere and it's not reasonable to expect anything close to that again. At best he is a 15 win, 3.80 ERA, top 25 or so pitcher, but is nowhere near the top 5 or 6 starter many ranked his as. Beckett will not likely get alot of wins playing for a fairly shaky club, but he should be good for 12-15 wins, around a 4.00 ERA and 200+ K's.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DGroundhog » Sat May 03, 2003 11:28 pm

I don't know why you were accused of being in a 4-team league with that staff. None of them should have been picked in the first 3 rounds.

It's a solid enough staff to compete, but your RP is shaky. Benitez and Miller are probably killing you, but the others don't stick out as guys having horrid years.

Are you watching your competition? Some H2H leagues do not have limits on pitching, so some owners make waiver wire claims daily to add borderline pitchers with good matchups to pad their numbers.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

piss poor pitching

Postby smacdown5o » Sun May 04, 2003 10:02 am

Well, i for sure thought i had the best pitching staff assembled myself. i have: Roy Oswalt
Matt Morris
Roy Halladay
Wade Miller
Combined they have 4 wins!!
Those are my starting four pitchers. I would hold on to all those guys. They are all aces and should come around soon and have big second halfs.

D Lowe could be a fluke, but you never know.
:-o but i still give them a ;-D
smacdown5o
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Baseball Leftovers