Not feeling totally confident with this team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Not feeling totally confident with this team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Not feeling totally confident with this team

Postby firstclassfastball » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:16 am

I think this was the worst draft Ive had yet. Its a 12 team H2H , I took alot of chances on young players, think itll pay off or be a flop?

C-J.Mauer
1B-C.Delgado
2B-C.Figgins
SS-O.Cabrera
3B-A.Ramirez
OF-J.Bay
OF-C.Lee
OF-C.Crawford
UTIL-J.Guillen
UTIL-L.Morneau
Bench-M.Cameron
Bench-D.McPherson
Bench-T.Iguchi

SP-M.Prior
SP-M.Mulder
P-K.Escobar
P-J.Smoltz
P-S.Shields
RP-D.Kolb
RP-Tavarez
Bench-J.Thomson
Bench-B.Arroyo
firstclassfastball
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby XTSilver » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:28 am

Having only Kolb will be a struggle for you in the saves category.
You IF is actually quite good as long as Mauer stays healthy and Delgado comes back the way most expect he will. Your OF is also pretty good although Bay just hurt his wrist/hand today? Good amount of speed in the OF and with Morno, Aram, delgotit, lee, and bay you should be allright in the power cats as well.

Starters look good with an excellent 1-2 in prior and mulder as long as they can both bounce back.

The more I look at it the more it looks like you have alot of high risk players. (Smoltz, Mauer, Arroyo, Mulder to some extent, Aram, Bay, Morneau. In my opinion I feel you will be allright. Your players are young but I am high on pretty much all of them. However, it may be worthwhile to trade for a little more stability just in case.
XTSilver
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby stew_art » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:03 pm

I think you've got a solid team. The fact that you basically punted saves is going to hurt though, because unless alot of those young guys pull through (some will...but how many is another question) I don't know if your team is strong enough for you to have punted saves...
stew_art
College Coach
College Coach

Postby firstclassfastball » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:54 am

Yeah well the whole saves thing was that one kid picked up joe nathan, fran cordero and i think rivera, then after everyone picked up on it, closers started dropping off the list like flies, i actually got kolb in the 13th round somehow. Yeah my team is filled with chance players as of now, hopefully ill be able to make some good moves along the way.
firstclassfastball
College Coach
College Coach

Postby phikapdl » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:59 am

Looking at losses in HR, RBI and Saves....the rest of the cats could get you some wins
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer. --Ted Williams
phikapdl
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team