great site, cant wait till the season - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

great site, cant wait till the season

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

great site, cant wait till the season

Postby raider34 » Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:49 pm

hey guys, this is a great site. with fantasy football winding down im looking forward to my spring drafts. here is how i would draft the first round next year, tell me what you guys think.

1) A-Rod - Obvious fantasy stud, is guarenteed to be the top fantasy SS till he's like 34 years old!

2) Soriano - young player at a scarce position who will hit 40-40 next year with protection in the lineup

3)Randy Johnson - shows no signs of slowing down. K's, wins, ERA and WHIP.

4) Vlad- great for any league, especially 5x5. the team is getting better.

5) Sosa - missed about 12 games, still had 49 HRs and over 100 RBI. if team hit better in front of him, he would have driven in a lot more.

6) Bonds - his value will slide if kent gets out of SF, but he led the league in hitting, and the rest of his # 's speak for themselves

7) Schilling - slid at the end of the year, but is still a great anchor for any fantasy staff. just a bit below Johnson in the 4 SP catagories

8) Albert Pujols - this may sound a little wierd, but i would love to take him at this spot next year. he should qualify at 3 positions again(OF, 1b,3b) which gives you lots of options in the next few rounds of the draft. plus he has had 2 great years and is still very young.

9)Pedro Martinez - was pretty healthy last year, and always puts up great numbers. when he is at his best, he is the most unhitable pitcher in the game

10) Miguel Tejada - At SS, there is a big bropoff after the big 4, and tejada is the best not named A-Rod.

11) Giambi - had great Numbers and didnt even have his best year. has tons of RBI opportunites, and that short porch in RF.

12) Barry Zito - this guy carried a couple of my teams down the stretch. He is young, and has great stuff. Gets lots of K's, hasnt gotten hurt and will only get better.

i know this was sort of long, but i am really bored. anyway, im glad i found this site and im really looking forward to the season. im also looking for a money league for this year, if anyone knows of any openings let me know, thanks alot
raider34

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:52 pm

Interesting thoughts, raider34, and probably not too far off from the way I would've ranked 'em. Sosa ahead of Bonds is interesting - Vlad, Sosa or Bonds will be a very tough decision for anybody who comes up with all three still on the board.

Pujols is an interesting call. You're right - flexibility is very valuable and often underrated, but I think you could wait until the second dozen players to pick him up.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how our first mock draft goes...

And thanks for the kudos!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Brokentusks9 » Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:56 pm

Hey raider

I like your list......for the most part.

Only thing I question is Sosa in the 5th spot, Personally I think Manny Ramirez should be listed in there somewhere. Even though he was hurt for a good portion of the season, his numbers were insane!

I also question Schilling.. he really tailed off the near the end of season (by his standards... he was still a good pitcher) but I just dont know if he can hold up like the Unit has with old age. But I guess we'll see.
Brokentusks9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby tlef316 » Tue Dec 03, 2002 9:19 pm

this is raider, i decided to sign up and be a member. not totally sure why i like sosa over bonds. i really like them both alot, but i think if kent leaves, bonds will suffer alot. i just think sammy will get more AB. your probably right about pujols. i guess you can get him in the second round, but certainly no later. i just think that there isnt a huge diference between pick # 8 and pick #13. if you take a guy like pujols, you have more flexability with your second and 3rd rounders. anyway, thanks for the replies, and again, let me know if you guys know any good leagues to join. im sick of beating up yahoo.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby tallmike » Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:41 am

I like Manny Ramirez too if only he could stay away from the nagging injuries. If he's healthy for a year he'll give you everything those others will but tough to say who you'd move out.
tallmike

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers