Yahoo 10 person private 5X5. Just drafted. Please rate/help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Yahoo 10 person private 5X5. Just drafted. Please rate/help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby philcore » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:57 pm

def. stay put. Your team is nicely stacked. During the year closers come and go. Keep your eye on the cubs closer role. Borowski has been mentioned as getting his job back if his arm is right but then again they might go with hawkins. Closers, although not the elite ones, change during the year.
philcore
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jeffwarsh » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:03 pm

i'm considering the giles deal if the owner would consider it. but that would make me lose about 15 home runs or so right? can i afford that? also, he doesn' really have cheap closers to throw in. He has Gagne, Foulke and Dotel. I can see that I may have a problem with avg but perhaps it might be best to stay put. I don't have to win the category, as long as I just do ok in it I think I'll be fine.
jeffwarsh
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:07 pm

jeffwarsh wrote:i'm considering the giles deal if the owner would consider it. but that would make me lose about 15 home runs or so right? can i afford that? also, he doesn' really have cheap closers to throw in. He has Gagne, Foulke and Dotel. I can see that I may have a problem with avg but perhaps it might be best to stay put. I don't have to win the category, as long as I just do ok in it I think I'll be fine.

not really - I have soriano at 30 HRs, Giles at 25. I really think Giles will be the more valuable 2B at the end of the yr, and right now you can deal for him and get a little extra in return. I undertand if you are hesitant though, Soriano is a big name.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

I agree

Postby squirtle » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:13 pm

I like yer team a lot...you don't need any help in saves, I think batista will be fine in the role and if you are concerned watch the wire like a hawk...but you're good to start

and you have enough to make the giles trade BUT I would want more if you can finegle it...soriano is too big a name I think in trade value, esp once people see him play a bit (injury concerns dropped him a bit in our draft)
squirtle
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team