Yahoo 10 person private 5X5. Just drafted. Please rate/help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Yahoo 10 person private 5X5. Just drafted. Please rate/help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo 10 person private 5X5. Just drafted. Please rate/help

Postby jeffwarsh » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:32 am

C J. Kendall (Oak - C)
D. Lee (ChC - 1B)
A. Huff (TB - 1B,3B,OF)
A. Soriano (Tex - 2B)
D. Jeter (NYY - SS)
B. Abreu (Phi - OF)
A. Dunn (Cin - 1B,OF)
C. Patterson (ChC - OF)
J. Uribe (CWS - 2B,3B,SS)
J. Morneau (Min - 1B)
C. Crisp (Cle - OF)
B. Wilkerson (Was - 1B,OF)
R. Freel (Cin - 2B,3B,OF)

SP Ol. Pérez (Pit - SP)
SP J. Peavy (SD - SP)
RP J. Nathan (Min - RP)
RP T. Percival (Det - RP)
P A. Burnett (Fla - SP)
P B. Colón (LAA - SP)
P M. Batista (Tor - SP,RP)
BN C. Sabathia (Cle - SP)
BN D. Davis (Mil - SP)
jeffwarsh
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jonessoda1314 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:58 am

very solid team with good power and speed.... i would try and trade for another closer in case percival goes down (which i think he will)

youve got great back ups, so you can either trade Lee/Dunn/morneau for a good closer (bj ryan might come at a lower price)
and then possibly trade another of thsoe 2 for a good SP

please rate mine
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=101994
jonessoda1314
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

I will pursue another closer. This guy has a bunch...

Postby jeffwarsh » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:41 am

The guy who has BJ Ryan also has half the other closers in the league so I will post his team and perhaps someone could help me decide what to offer him.

C M. LeCroy (Min - C,1B)
1B M. Teixeira (Tex - 1B)
2B B. Roberts (Bal - 2B)
3B T. Glaus (Ari - 3B)
SS O. Cabrera (LAA - SS)
OF M. Cabrera (Fla - OF)
OF M. Ordonez (Det - OF)
OF J. Bay (Pit - OF)
Util L. Berkman (Hou - OF
Util F. Thomas (CWS - Util)

SP M. Prior (ChC - SP)
SP J. Affeldt (KC - SP,RP)
RP Fr. Rodriguez (LAA - RP)
RP B. Lidge (Hou - RP)
P B. Looper (NYM - RP)
P B. Ryan (Bal - RP)
P L. Hawkins (ChC - RP)
BN J. Santana (Min - SP)
BN M. Adams (Mil - RP)
BN K. Brown (NYY - SP)
BN A. Eaton (SD - SP)
BN J. Marquis (StL - SP)
jeffwarsh
College Coach
College Coach

Postby drocto » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:12 am

First off: I like your team. You could use saves, but it's not a serious problem yet.

I wouldn't make any moves, especially with the guy who has 6 closers unless you think it's distinctly in your favor. I think you should let that guy win the three pitching categories he's set up to win and lose in all the offensive categories until he starts dropping closers. He'll do it because he'll have to. He's trying to hold the whole league hostage and if you let him, he has a shot at winning the league. If you force his hand, he'll dump at least one (although Hawkins and Ryan may or may not start as closers this year). Make sure you have the waiver priority to get one if possible.

That said, I think that you should hold the league hostage with Uribe and Freel. I'm hoping to have both on one of my teams, too. Between the two of of them, you can back up everything but 1B and they've both got 4 category potential.

I see Morneau, Crisp and Wilkerson as your trading block and I'd post a message to the league board to say so and see what rolls in. I think it would be reasonable for you to look for a closer or an upgrade at the middle of the rotation.

Good luck. I hope this is helpful.
"... gas prices are headed through the roof, everyone in the Middle East hates us, Toronto and Seattle are in last place -- happy 1978, everybody!." - Bill Scheft, Sports Illustrated, April 26, 2004
drocto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rajah » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:55 pm

Looks like your closer situation got better today - Batista is now closing in Toronto. At least it's an option. I couldn't agree with drocto more - if you let the guy with all the RPs pull this off, he could run away and hide.

Having said that, I think you may need more pitching help than you realize. You have some serious injury possibilities here (Ol Perez - should tweak already, Colon - not super durable, Burnett - blisteritis, Peavy- WAY too many innings at his age, and Sabathia - the dreaded oblique muscle problem to keep him out the first week of the season). You have some excellent "bait" to offer with Wilkerson/Morneau/Crisp and you don't need the speed because of what you already have. Morneau may have diminished value to start with all the offseason problems and now having a cyst removed from his appendectomy site, but I think you can still use this group to firm up your pitching. If you can, I really like your chances.

;-D
Take two and hit to right
rajah
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jeffwarsh » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:37 pm

Yeah. I was very happy to hear about Batista. I actually found out about that mid-draft so he was a steal. Do you think he will keep the job though? I think I may need another closer but I also agree I would definitely like to upgrade my pitching. Any suggestions? I like Zambrano and his owner has Sweeney at first. I think perhaps I could offer him one of my first basemen and an SP for Zambrano. Any suggestions? Also, are there any weaknesses in my offense that I should try to improve?
jeffwarsh
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jeffwarsh » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:13 pm

In terms of getting BJ Ryan from the previously mentioned team. What do you think I should offer him? He definitely needs SBs and HRs.
jeffwarsh
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:18 pm

jeff - I think you have a fantastic team and I wouldnt give the guy who has all those closers anything. You are good enough in saves at this point.

If anything, I would try and raise your BA - its probably the biggest weakness on your team.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jeffwarsh » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:26 pm

Thanks a lot for pointing that out. What can I afford to trade to improve my BA?
jeffwarsh
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:41 pm

jeffwarsh wrote:Thanks a lot for pointing that out. What can I afford to trade to improve my BA?

your not gonna like my answer - but find the guy with Marcus Giles and trade him Soriano for Giles and a cheap closer or cheap SP. I truly think that Giles will have the better yr, and he fits your lineup better anyway with the high BA.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team