Live draft, holds and OPS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Live draft, holds and OPS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Live draft, holds and OPS

Postby jonessoda1314 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:25 am

Heres my team, im pretty heavy on holds... so im gonna look to trade them for places where i need upgrades
6x6 with H and OPS
12 teams league

C Kendall
1B D. Lee
2B B. Roberts
SS Nomar
3B Wright
OF Aberu
OF Bay
OF Berkman ( i know hes hurt, but i got him at like the 18th round)
UTL Casey

SP Schmidt
SP Harden
SP Escobar
SP Colon
SP D. Wells
RP Benitez
RP Ryan
RP Otsuka
RP Worrell
RP Torress
RP M. Gonzalez
RP King

ill take the holds category no problem....beucase the other guys didnt know who to pick for holds i guess....
hopfully ill be up there in all the pitching categories, but how will my offense do?
jonessoda1314
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chris8 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:22 am

Offense definitely needs some work, not least because you need someone to play in the OF while Berkman is out (nice snag in round 18, though!)
There's nothing really wrong with it, it just needs beefing up a bit.

With all those MRs, you could try packaging a couple (say Torres & King) to a guy who has none to get yourself a really good OF.
But also have a look on the WW to see who's available.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby jeffwarsh » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:43 am

i agree. you could definitely use another outfielder at least until berkman returns. since you have so many middle relievers trading some of them is probably your best bet.
jeffwarsh
College Coach
College Coach

Postby drocto » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:57 am

Totally agreed. You can sacrifice some Hs right now to pick up an OF (via trade or FA). You could try to do something about David Wright, though I'd probably hang on to him to see what he does. 3B is very deep this year and there's probably someone like Vinny Castilla hanging out on the FA market to replace him if 3B becomes a problem.

Otherwise, I like your roster. I think you've focused a bit heavy on Holds, but this makes for good late season trade bait b/c once you feel that you have it pretty close to locked up, you can dump an RP or two for whatever your problem spot may be at the time.

Also, I like that you've chosen a few guys who are definitely just hold guys (King has 1 Save in 5 years) and a couple of guys who will probably pick up some Saves and some holds like Worrell and Otsuka.

Good luck.
"... gas prices are headed through the roof, everyone in the Middle East hates us, Toronto and Seattle are in last place -- happy 1978, everybody!." - Bill Scheft, Sports Illustrated, April 26, 2004
drocto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jonessoda1314 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:29 pm

thanks for the help, any specific Ofers i should target? this is my first league with holds, so how valuable are they? the other guys for holds on teh FA has around 20 a peice, but all have ERAs above 4.... so i got a lot of good ERA/WHIP holds guys
i took a lot of holds guys in the late rounds to fill out my roster, becuase the otehr guys didnt. I think there are only 3 teams with a guy who has 20 or more holds (and ive got like 5 guys)

so who should i target?
jonessoda1314
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team