RATE MY TEAM PLZZZ... the BALCO BUNCH - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

RATE MY TEAM PLZZZ... the BALCO BUNCH

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

RATE MY TEAM PLZZZ... the BALCO BUNCH

Postby Vladdy the Impaler » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:05 am

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated...
10 Teams 6x6 Rotisserie League

Categories:
R HR RBI SB BB AVG W SV K HLD ERA WHIP

C M. Piazza (NYM - C,1B)
1B J. Giambi (NYY - 1B)
2B
3B E. Chávez (Oak - 3B)
SS K. Matsui (NYM - SS)
OF B. Bonds (SF - OF)
OF S. Sosa (Bal - OF)
OF M. Ordóñez (Det - OF)
Util D. Wright (NYM - 3B)
Util B. Giles (SD - OF)
BN A. Jones (Atl - OF)
BN Mi. Sweeney (KC - 1B)

SP J. Santana (Min - SP)
SP C. Schilling (Bos - SP)
SP J. Beckett (Fla - SP)
RP K. Foulke (Bos - RP)
RP J. Smoltz (Atl - RP)
RP K. Calero
P K. Brown
P B. Colón
P M. Morris
BN M. González
BN P. Quantrill B
BN W. Miller
BN Y. Brazoban

I know i dont have a 2B... FA 2B candidates include:
Brian Roberts
Cintron
Polonco
Mueller
Hairston Jr
Spivey
Alomar

what do u guys think?? Im trying to work out a trade for a closer as well... ill rate your teams as well.
Last edited by Vladdy the Impaler on Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vladdy the Impaler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chris8 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:19 am

Phew! You have several high risk guys on that team, with varying levels of reward:

Piazza
Giambi
Sosa
Mags
Sweeney

They could all produce good numbers this year, but it's a lot of guys to gamble on.

Brian Roberts is easily the best 2B candidate you name there, and will help you in SB and runs for sure.

Pitching is OK, except you have two guys who will be on the DL at the start of the season: Morris & Miller. Some nice MRs, but you definitely need at least one more closer (and in a 10-team league, probably two). You might be able to find a Yankee fan who over-values Brown and swing a good trade for a closer there.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby drocto » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:35 am

Drop Quantrill and pick up Roberts ASAP. I can't believe he wasn't drafted.

I hope you have a DL in this league, as it will help to alleviate the sting of when Sweeney and Piazza invariably spend 30-60 days on the DL and Sosa, Ordonez and Giambi probably spend at least 15 days each there. Also, if you have daily transactions, it helps to alleviate any injury risks.

You have to either a) know that there are always decent Cs available via FA/W or b) get a backup C NOW.

I would try to dump one risky OF and one risky 1B.

With Smoltz back in the rotation, you could probably use more saves. See if you can package one of your risky guys with Morris or Colon to pick up a good closer.
"... gas prices are headed through the roof, everyone in the Middle East hates us, Toronto and Seattle are in last place -- happy 1978, everybody!." - Bill Scheft, Sports Illustrated, April 26, 2004
drocto
College Coach
College Coach

injury gods

Postby rajah » Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:31 pm

You are going to have to hope they smile on you. Besides the hitters that a previous reader mentioned, you have some significant risk with the pitchers as well. Also, I am not a big Giles fan, given how his park depresses lefties numbers. Might consider Jones instead. As if you needed to be reminded, get Roberts yesterday! Must be all the owners have enough R and SB or they wouldn't have left him out there. Tough call on Giambi - could be real good or real bad, but with the number of injury risks you have, I would try to find a replacement through a trade. Maybe you can swing a multiplayer deal, but I think when the other owners look at what you are going to offer (older players with health issues), they might shy away. Good luck.

;-D
Take two and hit to right
rajah
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jayvee16_98 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:55 pm

u seem to have an old team with sosa, brown, schilling, smoltz and bonds....some are a little risky at this point...strong outfield and u still have andruw jones in reserve...u need another closer as smoltz will now start...

pls also rate my team:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=102104
jayvee16_98
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team