Everyone's a (Yahoo) winner!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Everyone's a (Yahoo) winner!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Cooner » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:45 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:yahoo public leagues are good only for mock drafting. but seriously, theres no reason to whine about a free service that yahoo hands out.

ever take into consideration that when you use yahoo for a mock draft YOU"RE THE PROBLEM!!!!? You're probably one of those people who drive an SUV and complain that gas is so expensive...

:-t :-t :-t

edit: if the "but seriously" in your post indicates that you don't actually do this, but were joking about it, I apologize. If not, then I don't apologize. People who do this piss me off.
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NZF » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:48 pm

C'mon guys, Yahoo leagues aren't that bad.

In all the time I've played Yahoo free leagues I've only found a handful that have been a waste of time. I agree though that the winners leagues are no more competitive than the ordinary public ones.

Each year I play one public and one winners league B-)

Maybe I'm just lucky and always find reasonably decent ones but I know that I've played pay leagues on ESPN and even one or two Cafe leagues that have been no more competitive than Yahoo Publics.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:25 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:C'mon guys, Yahoo leagues aren't that bad.

In all the time I've played Yahoo free leagues I've only found a handful that have been a waste of time. I agree though that the winners leagues are no more competitive than the ordinary public ones.

Each year I play one public and one winners league B-)

Maybe I'm just lucky and always find reasonably decent ones but I know that I've played pay leagues on ESPN and even one or two Cafe leagues that have been no more competitive than Yahoo Publics.

yea i think youve been extremely lucky. i play in 2 or 3 live draft public leagues, to try and get to know the other team owners. i usually keep a mild eye on it for a month, but with no messages, no pickups, terrible trade offers and some guy starting only japanese players i give up.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Capnpitz » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:00 pm

quietstorm wrote:A large percentage of "winners" are probably dead teams from the previous year who just got lucky enough to win in a league that had nothing but dead teams.

Yeah but that means they would have to remain inactive, win through chance, and then actively join a winners league--where they actively make stupid decisions.

I think the problem is that the bar is set so low, anybody can win. I mean I'm in a winner's league, for pete's sake. This is my first time trying one, but I haven't been able to tell any difference in the level of competition.

I don't know which is more annoying: a dead team, or an owner who takes positive steps toward stupidity.[/i]
Capnpitz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stomperrob » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:45 pm

Ya sure that's a winners league and not a weiners league??? ;-)
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers