Diamond Dave a DJ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Diamond Dave a DJ

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Diamond Dave a DJ

Postby Pacman » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:07 am

David Lee Roth is going to be the substitute drive-time DJ on a Boston radio station next week. Here's the article.

Van Halen has been discussed in here before, mostly in the original classic rock bracket contest, but reading this just made me reflect on what I always felt was a huge rock music disapointment.

Original Van Halen was such an outstanding band, both in the records they made AND the arena shows they put on. A combination of great musicianship, unique vocals, great songs AND charisma out the wazoo.

Van Hagar produced some quality rock, but they certainly lacked the mystique and charisma of the original band.

The other incarnation (with the guy from Extreme) was a joke.

Anyway, it's so disappointing that even as middle-aged men, Roth and the VH bros still hate each other SO MUCH that they can't get their stuff together and join forces... for their fans AND for their pocketbooks (can you imagine how much an VH w/ DLR concert tour would GROSS?)

Instead, Diamon Dave will be reading ads for Dunkin Donuts and tossing to the weather and traffic reporters on ZLX next week.

Sad.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:49 pm

I feel the same way about Waters and Gilmour not being able to get together and I basically agree with your analysis of VH. That said, I'm not sure that I want them to get back together. I was never able to see the original band live but seeing them now is like a kid seeing MJ for the 1st time when he was on the Wizards. I'd rather just listen to my CD's and call it a day. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Pacman » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:02 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I feel the same way about Waters and Gilmour not being able to get together and I basically agree with your analysis of VH. That said, I'm not sure that I want them to get back together. I was never able to see the original band live but seeing them now is like a kid seeing MJ for the 1st time when he was on the Wizards. I'd rather just listen to my CD's and call it a day. :-°

I agree that some of the magic would be lost in a modern-day VH reunion, but I still think it would be a record-breaking tour, in terms of $$$. Good anaolgy to the P. Floyd guys too. While driving, whenever anything from DSOTM comes on the classic rock station all car conversation stops... thats always been my rule. My wife can't stand when I pull that though... (but she DOES quiet down)

"Time" is my favorite cut on that album.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:07 pm

LOL. That reminds me of something that used to get me in trouble with the ladies. Whenever they would touch my car stereo, I would slap their hand away and tell them that unless they wanted to pay for it, they shouldn't touch it. It took a while but they learned. :-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Return to General Talk