Not a Cubs Fan but I think they are good this year!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Chicago Cubs

Not a Cubs Fan but I think they are good this year!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Not a Cubs Fan but I think they are good this year!!

Postby GameOver » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:06 am

I am slowly liking the Cubs more and more mainly cause I have a lot of them in my fantasy team lol.. I just need to follow a team that has a chance since the Rockies suck lol.. I think they have the best starting lineup in baseball and the offense is pretty good to.. I am glad they got rid of Sosa I think he was just a distraction.. So for this year go Cubbies lol ;-D
GameOver
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:04 pm

Trying not to be a Cubs basher here...but how do you think they have the best lineup in baseball?

The ideal lineup I would set for them (this is not what Dusty would do) would be:

Hairston
Lee
Nomar
A-Ram
Patterson
Burnitz
Walker
Barrett

I think they're worse than last year. Sammy and Burnitz are a wash, but Alou played outstandingly for them, and I think they'll really miss his production. They desperately need Nomar to stay healthy, if he goes down, so does their season.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:12 pm

I think he meant rotation. And that I'm not going to disagree with.
The offense is OK but I think it is overrated. Last year they finished 7th in the NL in runs scored and I don't think their lineup has improved. The offense is still too driven by the HR. But with a staff like that they don't need to score a ton of runs. Their biggest problem is the bullpen.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby slomo007 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:53 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I think he meant rotation. And that I'm not going to disagree with.
The offense is OK but I think it is overrated. Last year they finished 7th in the NL in runs scored and I don't think their lineup has improved. The offense is still too driven by the HR. But with a staff like that they don't need to score a ton of runs. Their biggest problem is the bullpen.

Sorry, read it again and I agree that is probably what he meant.

Yeah, we've been hearing about their starting rotation for the past few years now and so far they haven't done anything. Just like last year's Houston starting rotation was going to be so great. I'm convinced that you can't build your team around pitching. Hitting has to come first. You can't ignore pitching either, but you have to have consistent healthy hitters to compete in October.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby GameOver » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:30 pm

Yeah sorry it was late I meant starting rotation, but with Woods latest set back that will suck.. If they could ever stay healthy I really think they have the best but "If they stay Healthy" is they key..
GameOver
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Chicago Cubs