The evidence against bonds (a spinnoff of a previous thread) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The evidence against bonds (a spinnoff of a previous thread)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The evidence against bonds (a spinnoff of a previous thread)

Postby agchris02 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:40 am

The three reasons why I most hate Bary Bonds

1) He's a liar and a cheat
2) He plays the race card too much
3) He's a grossly arrogant jerk

Does he have great plate discipline? Of course. Is he a great hitter? Absolutely. Is he probably one of the best ever? Quite possibly. Did he do anything that several others werent doing as well? No, of course not.

I dont have a problem with that -- I have issues with number 1) and number 2). Come clean, make up for it, and change your attitude.

Proof of number 1)
A)
1986 Barry enters the league at 185 lbs with a neglible percentage of body fat

in 2001 he enters the season at 230 pounds with neglible body fat

This is a medical impossibility without drugs. PARTICULARLY when he went from 200 in year 200 to 230 in 2001. He gained 30lbs in the offseason, without putting on body fat. This cannot be done, human chemistry does not allow it.

B)
Barry has taken steriods, even if he did it by "accident"

We've all read the clips, he has admitted to taking what his trainer gave him, which his trainer has since said was steriods.

He took a clear substance, and a cream, which he "claimed" he was told was flaxseed oil. (First off, who the hell injects flaxseed oil into themselves? And for what nutritional purpose?). Even IF he did not know, his trainer and his trainers boss HAVE SINCE SAID UNDER OATH that they were steriods. WHich means, beyond any possible doubt, THAT BARRY BONDS TOOK STERIODS.

The argument isnt over whether he did or not, but rather if he "knew" he did. NO one in the media or otherwise will just come out and say this though.

Which means one of two things, either Bonds is really the dumbest person in the history of the world or he's a liar. In either case, I dont like him.

Proof of number 2)
To the following, I dont care what the question was, I dont care in what context it was given, you dont EVER SAY THE FOLLOWING if youre not a flaming racist.

- Boston is "too racist" for me to play in. (seriously, what in the world is up with that? Maybe the people in boston are too annoying, but racist? Come on)

- "I ain't white. What world are you living in? I live in reality. They'd never let a black man get away with that.''
(talking about Roger Clemens arangement with the astro's on not traveling with the team)
Barry, guess what, they let you have a recliner at your locker, not show up to practice if you dont want, and get teamates fired. This issue with Roger, isnt even a race issue at all, but you made it one.

- "Im black and Im not giving my money up, there aint enough black people with money out there" there's lots more asians and caucasains with money than blacks
Barry, come on, (Im not racist, and Im sorry if the following offends anyone, but Barry's comments offend me:) look at the following before making yourself look like an idiot:
" White House Council of Economic Advisors (CEA) report found that 75 percent of whites make charitable contributions, compared to 52 percent of Black Americans." (referring to families making over $100,000/yr) AND, as a percentage, there are more black millionaires (2.7% of blacks are worth $1m+) than whites (2.1% 1m+)
Yes, there are still MORE white people that make millions total, but umm Barry, there are more white people in the country.

I DONT CARE IF YOURE BLACK, I DONT CARE WHAT RACE ANYONE IS UNTIL THEY START TELLING ME THEY SUFFER BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE. I could list a THOUSAND more quotes by Barry to prove he's a racist -- this is the single most damning fact about him. He does more to hurt the black community than probably almost anyone alive today. A few of what I call "borderline" racists, see people like Barry, get angry, and assume other african-americans are like him. (theyre not). He makes a bad name for everyone.

(Kind of like david duke for whities)

Barry youre a baseball player, living the american dream. You are not oppressed, you are not deprived, you are worth more money than 99% of us will ever think about. Seriously, if you really think race plays a part in ANYTHING YOU DO, you should be smacked.

Anyways, thats enough of my rant for now, Ill continue later when I have more time for actual research. Sorry if this offends anyone, Im not trying to do that. I just really, really dont like Barry. (Oh, and it has NOTHING to do with the media, Im intelligent enough to form my own opinions thank you.)
Sources:
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseball/ ... ods25.html
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/8311
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib ... guest.html
http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/20 ... nds_te.php
http://www.nbuf.org/purpose_opportunities.html
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:42 am

This is only going to incite anger... I wish all Bonds posts were nipped at the bud....

But nice sig. Jackalope is a funny word :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby curious_george_43545 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:43 am

LBJackal wrote:This is only going to incite anger... I wish all Bonds posts were nipped at the bud....

But nice sig. Jackalope is a funny word :-D

Agree and Jackalope :-D :-D ;-D
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby agchris02 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:44 am

yep, going to tweak a lot of nipples

And Jackalopes rule. Smart, funny, man eating rabitts with antlers.
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby agchris02 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:46 am

what we need is a barry bonds forum so those of us that want to yell at each other of it can do so with offending the rest of the cafe who either doesnt care about it or gets "hurt" easily
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:46 am

I am not totally opposed to SFOF, I think that he IS one of the funniest players in the game. "I only took 'clear' and 'cream', I didn't know what they were". Every woman I've ever dated/ been married to/ fathered (AcidDaughter is only 6...but very advanced in some areas...) is aware that makeup needs to be tested in small areas...hee hee.

as he said, 'you have to be pretty good to make 50,000 people boo you' :-D :-D :-D hmmm, maybe it's time to update my sig? 8-o
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:22 am

1986 Barry enters the league at 185 lbs with a neglible percentage of body fat

in 2001 he enters the season at 230 pounds with neglible body fat

This is a medical impossibility without drugs. PARTICULARLY when he went from 200 in year 200 to 230 in 2001. He gained 30lbs in the offseason, without putting on body fat. This cannot be done, human chemistry does not allow it.

Until a certified nutritionist or doctor confirms that, I'm not going to believe it. I'm not pro-barry by any stretch of the imagination, but you can't use false information to try to make a point.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby blankman » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:23 am

I haven't read it all, but this has disaster written all over it.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: The evidence against bonds (a spinnoff of a previous thread)

Postby wrveres » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:42 am

agchris02 wrote:Anyways, thats enough of my rant for now, Ill continue later when I have more time for actual research.

here I'll save you all the trouble ..

this was the only coherent thing he said ... ;-D
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 761)

Re: The evidence against bonds (a spinnoff of a previous thr

Postby blankman » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:22 am

wrveres wrote:
agchris02 wrote:Anyways, thats enough of my rant for now, Ill continue later when I have more time for actual research.

here I'll save you all the trouble ..

this was the only coherent thing he said ... ;-D

I have a serious question for you and it is somewhat political, so if you chose, respond in a PM. Obviously it is hard to always have complete proof. There was a lot of circumstantial evidence in relation to the current War on Terror, just as there is a lot of circumstantial evidence in relation to Barry's guilt. You believed that we had enough evidence to go to war (just as I did and still do, but that is beside the point) and yet nothing but a direct admission from Barry himself is enough proof. Why didn't you need a direct admission from Sadaam Hussien about what he was doing to go to war, yet you do from Barry? (especially when Sadaam's admission is obviously just as likely as Barry admiting to anything). Why are these things so different? (and again, keep in mind that I am in no way criticizing anything about the war, or your opinions about it because I likely entirely agree with you about it).
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers