texeria or ortiz - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

texeria or ortiz

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby lesgrant » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:16 pm

agchris02 wrote:Texiera, come on

He'll post better numbers in EVERY category EXCEPT MAYBE HR's and Im not willing to conceed HR's to ortiz either. Texas has been drooling over this guy for a while.

Though he might have gotten himself in the doghouse with Hicks with his comments yesterday.

Ortiz - because I'm a Red Sox homer.

And who ARE you 'come on' ing?

Tex 04
.281/38/112

Ortiz 04
.301/41/139

The only thing Tex is really close to Ortiz on IS HRs. Everything else Tex is still a cut below. I don't see where he is going to get the opportunities to drive in 139 in Texas. Arod's career year there was 02 when he went .300/57/142. He had to jack 57 to drive in 142. Tex ain't hitting 50+ HRs this year.

Tex is good, but you're getting ahead of yourself. And, as mentioned, Ortiz isn't exactly over the hill.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:31 pm

I thought I read somewhere that Ortiz average last year was a fluke and that he should return to his career average around the .280s. And, what do you mean where are the RBIs going to come out of Texas? Not only is Texas a better hitters park, Texas has a better hitting lineup. And RBIs are fluke opportunities mostly, so whose to say Ortiz's wont come down either? Both should be good, but I say Tex does better, and because its a keeper and he has a good ceiling (hit over .300 in college and minors, which is generally an indicator of major league production).
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Woolly » Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:59 am

I think that they are pretty close, but I just have a feeling that TEX isn't going to get as many RBIs as Ortiz. I am thinking about letting both of them past me in the MID-2nd round and taking M. Cabrera instead and hoping that one of them (or Thome) makes it back to me in the 3rd. I am starting to really get excited about Cabrera. I know lots of people have been sniffing his jock this offseason, but I have started to lean that way myself. (and it actually smells pretty good :*) )
Woolly
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers