It isn't working on my comp .... :-?
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby afromangettindrunk » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:28 am

you're holding alt while hitting tab? if you have multiple programs or windows running it should bring up a little list that you can rip through by hitting tab repeatedly. im not sure why it wouldnt be working on your computer, what OS do you run?
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:27 am

afromangettindrunk wrote:alt tab.

I don't like alt+tab...because normally I have like 3 IE windows open and the next thing on the list is another window. !+)

Windows+D minimizes everything and just shows the background...like you weren't doing anything. O:-)

The toolbar command in the start bar still requires me to move the mouse to the correct location, and my hands aren't always on the mouse. It doesn't matter if I'm typing or mousing, my left hand is always close to the two keys I need. If I'm typing and someone comes in, I would have to stop typing, move my right hand up to the mouse, move it to button, and click it. That's slower than hitting the two keys already by your left hand if you ask me.

It's a matter of efficiency! ;-D
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gwyddbwyll » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:28 am

On the other hand approaching people see you type two keys quickly and when they look at your screen it's completely blank. Who sits at a computer doing exactly that, nothing but looking at their pretty desktop picture?

Its obvious you were doing something you didnt want them to see.. unles you have a REALLY good desktop picture.. in which case you probably were doing something you didnt want them to see anyway..!
Gwyddbwyll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:45 am

Gwyddbwyll wrote:On the other hand approaching people see you type two keys quickly and when they look at your screen it's completely blank. Who sits at a computer doing exactly that, nothing but looking at their pretty desktop picture?

Its obvious you were doing something you didnt want them to see.. unles you have a REALLY good desktop picture.. in which case you probably were doing something you didnt want them to see anyway..!

I see your point...but it's either letting someone see the Fantasy Football Cafe page (or the Baseball Cafe depending on which one was open last :-) ) or my super-bad Pirates background that I made last year (scaled down)...

;-D
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lostraven » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:42 am

Gwyddbwyll wrote:On the other hand approaching people see you type two keys quickly and when they look at your screen it's completely blank. Who sits at a computer doing exactly that, nothing but looking at their pretty desktop picture?

Well, that's why after immeadiately going to desktop, you click
on some random spreadsheet or Word doc on your desktop as
if you truly had a reason to go to desktop... seems obvious to
me...or I've been doing this too long. :-D
lostraven
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Woolly » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:39 pm

you guys are funny :-B
Woolly
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pgbridge2000 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:37 pm

free wrote:holy crap 8-o do you think this pure privacy site will allow me to get to the cafe around my "surf control" at work :-?

Its simple, I learned this trick for accessing the Cafe around internet blockers when I was in High School. go to a translation page (babelfish.altavista.com or Google Translator) and in the box where it says translate site type in the site you want to visit (http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com) and then select a translation language (I suggest Chinese Traditional to English, since there are no Chinese characters there in no affect in the page except blocking some images) now it will appear as if you have been using google or altavista instead of your favorite fantasy baseball site.

3 notes about this:
1. You cant sign into a website like yahoo fantasy baseball
2. For the cafe you have to memorize the approx. position of the forums button because it won't appear (though the hyperlink address will appear at the bottom of your browser)
3. There will be a small bar at the top of the browser window that says babelfish or google translation, you can click the bottom of the bar and drag it up until it is just a small sliver so it doesn't get in the way of browsing.
There are 3 ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way!
pgbridge2000
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers