For anyone who watches wrestling - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

For anyone who watches wrestling

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:08 am

I did hear the Orton vs. Undertaker challenge...perfect angle for Orton - but Undertaker can't lose!!! It's Wrestlemania! :-o :-P

The draft was dumb the first time, and if they do it again it'll be dumber. But, if they get HHH off of Raw, I'd like it. ;-D

I wish I could watch Smackdown, but out here in the boondocks we don't get UPN. :-[ :-[ Bring back RVD (aka Butt-Sweat) to Raw because he is cool and underused. I'm sure they'd send Bradshaw over too in order to clear up the way for Orton - and just because that would annoy me. :-t

Where do you get your wrestling news, Mad? My friend likes that Lords Of Pain site...I haven't read it for a while because he normally tells me what is going on if it's newsworthy.
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:20 am

I use http://www.wrestlingdotcom.com/ and http://www.wrestlingplanet.com. Been going to Planet a lot more lately since DotCom seemed to have some issues staying up to date though. :-?

I've been to the Lords of Pain site, but all their ads drive me bonkers. :-S Lol. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pacman » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:04 am

Cena's a home-boy, from Newbury Mass., very close to my hometown. He's got a great angle from my perspective, as I love vintage pro-sports jerseys. Whichever town he's in, he comes to the ring in a vintage shirt, usually from several decades back, some very obscure. Someone at the WWF is doing a great job of figuring out the best jersey for each city. (I wonder if Cena gets to keep the shirts)...

I saw one a few weeks ago from Cleveland, and Cena came out in an Indians jersey, circa mid-1970s, with ECKERSLEY on the back and his old Tribe number (43, I think). GREAT call! I actually forgot Eck was a great Indian pitcher (I think he threw a no-no as a rookie there) before pitching for Boston, ChiCubs and especially Oakland. (Yes, i remember his cups of coffee with St. Louis and Boston again too).

Eck does post-game Sox coverage on NESN these days. He's very outspoken.

And again, whenever wrestling comes up in here, I am compelled to state that I miss Randy 'Macho Man' Savage.

Peace
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:24 am

Madison wrote:Their eyes are kinda similar. Beyond that, I don't see anything.

Anyhow, seeing as how the topic is wrestling :-) , Wrestlemania is right around the corner! :-)

Going to be very, very good this year. :-)

I can kinda see a resemblance but I am also only working on 3 hours sleep. :-/

I also agree about Wrestlemania although when I am usually pimped about a PPV, I get disappointed and vice versa.

LBJackal wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:Well unfortunately, Yokozuna is no longer with us. :,-(

Aww and he kept himself in such good shape, I can't imagine how he could die early....

As for the Edge Speared Lita sign, I don't watch wrestling anymore... but I can take a guess about what it's referring to :-b

I know exactly what this means. :-o

I am on the fence with Lita. I don't like a lot of tats but she wears them well. I do miss the mesh stuff that she used to wear on her arm, though. As long as they keep the mic out of her hand, I'm cool. :-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:35 am

i think u can almost count on undertaker losing this year to orton.... orton is in tight with HHH and we all know who is the real boss of WWE now(with vince out a little while).... aaaahhh...i miss the days of WCW and WWF going at it on monday nights...made for a great night of partying with the guys....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:37 am

raiders_umpire wrote:i think u can almost count on undertaker losing this year to orton.... orton is in tight with HHH and we all know who is the real boss of WWE now(with vince out a little while).... aaaahhh...i miss the days of WCW and WWF going at it on monday nights...made for a great night of partying with the guys....

Not sure about the Orton thing because a lot of people are pissed off about his backstage antics. :-? Plus, Amy Webber was supposed to have left because of him. :-t
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:21 am

Lofunzo wrote:I am on the fence with Lita. I don't like a lot of tats but she wears them well. I do miss the mesh stuff that she used to wear on her arm, though. As long as they keep the mic out of her hand, I'm cool. :-)

Ahhh, come on guys...just slap some makeup foundation on her shoulder and let the good times roll! ;-D ;-D
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:14 am

:-P :-P :-P :-P

These wrestling threads get a lot of attention. Should we open a wrestling Forum? No that the Hockey and that other sport no longer have separate forums we have the room.

We all know that Canadians rule wrestling :-]

and of course, the Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah...

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby Pacman » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:17 am

Pro wrestling is sort of like Michael Bolton records.... Bolton sold tens of millions of them, but I've never met a single person who's admitted to buying one.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby ensanimal » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:21 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:and of course, the Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah...

FOZZY!! ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 91)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk