this is what is wrong with yahoo public leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

this is what is wrong with yahoo public leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ukrneal » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:05 am

THis is one reason, among many, that I no longer join public leagues. There is always this potential with private leagues too, but I find it happens much less often. Also, if you are picky about the number of teams, categories, number of players, etc., you can generally avoid most leagues like this. You may still get one every now and then, but I've had only 1 like that over the past 2 years (about 30 leagues total) since I stopped joining public leagues.

And once you find a good group, you generally start joining more and more of their leagues anyway.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mbuser » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:02 pm

xeifrank wrote:Yahoo won't do anything about it, besides write you back a form letter. You will need to get a couple other active owners to veto this trade with you. Problem probably is that this person has more than one team in your league and will probably keep attempting to make trades like this in the hope that there will be a 2 day window when there aren't four owners online to veto it. Good luck... hope you joined some other leagues.

vr

Xeifrank

if you send them an email, they look at the league, and it is obvious that it is collusion, they will do something. and 2 dead teams are better than teams trading carlos pena for pujols, lidge, and juan pierre and getting away with it -- creating 1 dead team and 1 super team. but i agree that yahoo needs to find a better way of screening things, and that your basic public league is very close to nothing but a waste of time. you start with 12 teams and its almost guaranteed 3 of them aren't active at all the entire season, and at least half won't be by the end.
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:27 pm

Why join a free public league with people that you don't know in the first place?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby Capnpitz » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:45 pm

I'm having similar problems in the Yahoo publics. A trade between two teams went through over my veto: Jimmy Rollins for Omar Vizquel. Additionally, the weak team mysteriously dropped Orlando Cabrera. Guess who picked him up? That's right, the same team that had just been on the right end of the Rollins trade.

Messed up, man. :-t
Capnpitz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:37 pm

Capnpitz wrote:I'm having similar problems in the Yahoo publics. A trade between two teams went through over my veto: Jimmy Rollins for Omar Vizquel. Additionally, the weak team mysteriously dropped Orlando Cabrera. Guess who picked him up? That's right, the same team that had just been on the right end of the Rollins trade.

Messed up, man. :-t

Yeah, that's funny. Someone just dropped Cabrera in one of my public leagues as well. But there's no sign of collusion. I picked him up off waivers and there have been no bad trades. Except for a few proposals I've received...like this one:

I give Beltran

I get Smoltz and Klesko

Well during the draft I told this guy Klesko was a waste of skin and I wouldn't give a bag of chips for him. Then he offers me this....and he was serious.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:15 pm

It's amazing if that original trade goes through because every fair deal in a public league seems to get vetoed. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:17 pm

whew vetoed :-°
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers