Wade Miller out for a month - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Wade Miller out for a month

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wade Miller out for a month

Postby Kisor » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:31 pm

Several news reports are saying Miller expects to be out for the first month of the season, along with spring training... I've got him on two teams hoping he could start right away and put up some decent numbers.

I'm thinking about just dropping him, but im worried he might progress quicker than thought and give someone else those decent numbers.

What do you think?
Coach Kisor
[i]"He fakes a bluff!" -Mariners Announcer Ron Fairly[/i]
Kisor
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jaydog2314 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:47 am

i feel your pain, i have him on one of my teams too. here is the news from rotowire:

Mar 9 Miller (shoulder) expects to miss the first month of the regular season, the Associated Press reports.

Recommendation: "I know I don't want to miss that much time again," Miller said Wednesday, referring to the three months he missed in 2004. "So I decided to take it slow now and miss the beginning of the season and, hopefully, come back for the last five months." Miller should be a nice pickup when healthy, but adjust your projections accordingly.

Not sure yet what i'm going to do with him, I'll have to check the waiver wire first.
Last edited by jaydog2314 on Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?"
-Homer Simpson
jaydog2314
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby donny23 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:53 pm

If you're not in a keeper league, I wouldn't rely on him coming back by that month and being himself. If you are in a keeper league, I'd recommend using my strategy last year with Burnett. Take him, stach him on your bench and sit on him until he turns into gold for you the next year. [/u]
donny23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby haggis » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:29 pm

Did you seriously draft him expecting him to be pitching in April? I thought it was no secret he was out until at LEAST May. When he comes back expect him to start in the bully for a bit. He'll be in the Sox rotation around the All-Star break, IMO.

Unless Wake and Arroyo are tanking then they won't speed him along.
haggis
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates