Spring Training - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

Spring Training

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Spring Training

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:00 pm

Izzy is working a sinker. As long as his velocity is still up a sinker could be nasty.

Journell could make the bullpen.

Gall might make the club. I think he would be a nice insurance policy for Walker.

Morris is way ahead of schedule. This is great news.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3443904

Has anyone heard when Ankiel will pitch? I thought it was supposed to be yesterday but I didn't see him in the box score.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:07 pm

marquis is working on a curveball. he hopes it could lead to more strikeouts if he is consistent with it. it would also be a change of pace pitch for him since most of his other stuff was usually thrown at about the same speed.

ankiel is expected to pitch wednesday against the marlins in a B game. he has had some control problems. not throwing to the backstop bad, but walking people. right now they are saying it is related to his mechanics.

i think gall only makes the club if walker starts the season on the DL. dont teams usually only carry five outfielders? edmonds, walker, sanders, cedeno, and taguchi is five plus mabry can also play there. tony will keep taguchi on the roster because he can play CF. cedeno's saving grace is that he is a switch hitter. i want to see what gall can do but i dont see how we would have room for him unless walker is on the DL which i dont want to happen.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:20 pm

I agree that is a lot of OF to carry. I just don't see the value in keeping Cedeno.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:46 pm

i would prefer gall over cedeno as well. cedeno doesnt play good defense either and doesnt really show the speed he used to. tony likes to play the matchups though and cedeno is a switch hitter so i am pretty sure cedeno will still be around (even though roger hit just .280 against righties last year). tony is so desperate for a switch hitter he is even considering abraham nunez for backup middle infielder and asked bo hart to take some hacks left handed. i can understand the value in having a switch hitter, but when they cant hit a lick from either side (like nunez) or are just average from one side (like cedeno) i dont see the point.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Return to St. Louis Cardinals