Let's kickstart this forum - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Let's kickstart this forum

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Let's kickstart this forum

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:48 am

If you look at the index, the Jays forum is one of the least active. We've got a ton of good quality Jays fans in the Cafe so why don't we use our forum?

I'm going to make an effort to post down here. At least we don't have to deal with overbearing obnoxious Red Sox and Yankee fans down here eh?

How do you see the lineup for this year.

My prediction:

1. Cat/Johnson (whoever plays LF - either lead off or 9th - the Jays have been saying lead off but I don't trust them to keep Adams down in the order if he is doing well)
2. Rios RF - 2nd or 3rd?
3. Koskie - 3b he has to do better with the BA but good power and speed
4. Wells - CF may have to put him 3rd if Koskie's OBP doesn't get better
5. Hillenbrand - 1b if Wells gets moved up to 3rd Shea will be probably the weakest cleanup hitter in Jays history
6. Hinske - DH please show us something Eric
7. O-Dog - 2b
8. Zaun/Myers - C
9. Adams - ss

If Hudson and Adams do well I can see Adams hitting leadoff and Hudson 2nd, dropping the LF to 9th and Koskie to 5th. That would be nice if it happened.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Let's kickstart this forum

Postby mikegp » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:29 pm

I'm going with:

1. Cat/Johnson
2. Rios RF - Could be bumped up to 1 spot if he doesn't show power, but will probably stay in 2
3. Wells - Could be Koskie, but Wells has a better OBP and a bit more speed
4. Koskie - If he struggles Hillenbrand could be the cleanup hitter
5. Hillenbrand - Koskie if he struggles
6. Hinske - I think they are going to keep him playing first for a while because they haven't given up on him yet and want him to have a position. Please Hinske I own you on a couple teams PLEASE show us what you can do this year
7. O-Dog - 2b...I believe he is 27...possible breakout? Who knows
8. Zaun/Myers - Zaun put up good numbers last year, hopefully he does the same
9. Adams - ss Could get moved up in the order if he shows he can handle it. Possibly leadoff.

I'm hoping that Gross gets lots of playing time this year. He should be a better than average OF in a few years. Plus he's tearing it up in spring training...not that it means much.
mikegp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lime » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:56 pm

What it will be:

1. Catalanotto vs righties, Johnson vs lefties
2. Hudson
3. Wells
4. Koskie
5. Hillenbrand
6. Rios
7. Hinske
8. Zaun
9. Adams

What it should be, if I was in charge:

1. Rios - At this point in his career it's a good spot. He's a very good contact hitter and I like his basestealing potential. As soon as he fills out his frame, he should be able to produce more power and thus be moved to the #3, #5, or #6 slots.

2. Hudson - I hear a breakout year approaching. He improved rather significantly in his second full season from his first full season, and I think he'll continue that trend; .290/.365/.450 in 2005.

3. Koskie - Great on base potential. His career average of .373 would do wonders for V-Dubb, or even better, maybe the .393 he put up in 2003. Add the OBP with the good power he carries and Koskie is an ideal #3 hitter.

4. Wells - Our biggest power threat. I don't like him at #3 because he doesn't take nearly enough walks.

5. Hillenbrand - 20+ homers hopefully.

6. Gross - I know, he'll start the year in AAA. But if it were up to me Gabe would have everyday in LF locked up. He's already hit well at all levels in the minors. He belongs with the big club. I feel assured of that with each bomb he's smacking out of the park this spring.

7. Hinske - A good guy who loves playing for this team. Please god let him find his form. I'll also mention that I love the fact he'll be at 1st. His range can be outstanding, but his weak arm makes him more suitable for the corner where he doesn't need to use it.

8. Adams - Keep the pressure/expectations low. In time he will be the leadoff man.

9. Zaun - There mainly for his defense. No power, although he did get on base last year. Soon Quiroz will call the shots behind the plate.
Lime
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:26 pm

Lime wrote:What it will be:

How can you be so sure?

I don't think that Hudson will bat that far up, at least to start the season. He's not a very good baserunner but he makes good contact, better suited right not to hit behind the bigger run producers. Rios should bat higher up to take advantage of his baserunning skills.

Sportsline has got a completely different projected lineup.

Why do you say that your projections will be the lineup?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Lime » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:32 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Lime wrote:What it will be:

How can you be so sure?

Sorry, I should have specified it was only a prediction of what the lineup will be.

I don't think that Hudson will bat that far up, at least to start the season. He's not a very good baserunner but he makes good contact, better suited right not to hit behind the bigger run producers.

Anyone who can combine a good OPB with a solid power is a great option to put in the 2-hole. As I mentioned, I see a breakout year for O-Dawg with an OPB above .360, and I also see him hitting between 15-20 homeruns.
Lime
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Toronto Blue Jays