How badly do i need a closer? I'll rate yours. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How badly do i need a closer? I'll rate yours.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How badly do i need a closer? I'll rate yours.

Postby Jobusrevenge » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:07 am

12 team standard 5 x 5 roto.

C Kendall
1B Helton
2B Soriano
3B Chipper
SS O Cabrera
OF Vlad, M Cabrera, Posednik
Util Wilkerson
Bench Inge, Polanco

SP Schmidt, Ol. Perez, Wood, Buehrle, Vazquez
RP Baez, Aquino, Speier, Dempster, Tsao

i took a flyer on every possible scrub closer available. i'll drop whowver doesn't pan out to strengthen my bench. Do i need to deal someone (like a starter) to get a bonafide closer?

Let me know and leave me your link.
Jobusrevenge
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:20 am

Yeah your safest bet would be to trade one of your starters for a decent closers because the ones you have now are the bottom feeders of MLB closers. Buerhle could be a good candidate to be traded. Or maybe you could package two of your bad closers for an upgrade ;-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flying_Elvii » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:32 am

Aquino and Baez are the most promising of your RPs. If most of the other teams in your league look like they'll finish with 70 plus saves then I'd try to trade for someone like kolb. He doesn't get many strikeouts so his owner might undervalue him. And with your starters you might not need many Ks from your releavers. You don't need a big time closer but another mid range guy would solidify you in the saves category.
Flying_Elvii
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Jesus-Water-Baseball » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:39 am

Your team looks fine to me as far as saves go. I do have one question though, How did you manage to get Vlad, Miguel Cab.; Helton, Schmidt, Soriano, and Posednik in a twelve team league. That is 6 guys who go in the first 2 to 2 and a half rounds
Jesus-Water-Baseball
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby theCHAMP » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:43 am

u got a bunch of closers that are sleepers...dempster and tsao are potentially 40sv closers

dont trade anything til the season starts and u see if u really need one

i am a fantasy stud...
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=101020
theCHAMP
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jobusrevenge » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:51 am

Cavaet emptor. i'm in an office league with football fans. i had the second pick and took Vlad, Schmidt, MCab; i traded for Soriano and Posednik (get this: for Blalock, Iguchi, and Randy Winn--the other manager was from Japan and swears i'll regret it); and i got Helton and Aquino for Carlos Lee and Bagwell--the other guy had only 2 starting OFs drafted! i felt bad . . . for about two blinks.
Jobusrevenge
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby baseballnewb » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:26 am

Stick with what you have until about mid season, then if your saves are consistantly low or some of those guys have terrible era/whip go ahead and pull the trigger on a starter for a RP trade.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pino123 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:37 am

I'd say trade a guy like Podsednik, even though he packs a punch with those 70 steals Soriano has speed too, but Podsednik lacks a good AB and you could use Wilkerson as your other OF and maybe pick up some high average guy later down the road. Then trade Podsednik for a guy like Kolb, hell be lights out with the Braves and most people dont realize how good he is or some other closer that you want. Overall, good team.
pino123
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:43 am

baseballnewb wrote:Stick with what you have until about mid season, then if your saves are consistantly low or some of those guys have terrible era/whip go ahead and pull the trigger on a starter for a RP trade.

I agree. Wait it out for a while before panicking into a deal.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team