sad sad monday... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

sad sad monday...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

sad sad monday...

Postby free » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:03 am

i came into work this morning to find my access to the cafe and yahoo sports were now blocked by surf control :-[ as you can imagine this will be a huge nuisance this season. anyone else have this problem at work? is there any way around this crap besides just finding some other place to work }:-) any help is greatly appreciated ;-D
Image
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 841
Joined: 13 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: charleston, wv

Postby Kingctb27 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:25 am

It's the same way at my high school :-t

But, yeah, find a new place to work ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby curious_george_43545 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:27 am

kingctb27 wrote:It's the same way at my high school :-t

But, yeah, find a new place to work ;-D


my damn high school blocks everything...I can't check anything related to fantasy sports because it's blocked under the catergory...games
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 5200
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ohio

Postby free » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:44 am

what is the world coming to when they take away our fantasy freedom?
i sent a pretty angry letter to the IT manager pretty much stating that they are only asking for a disgruntled work environment when they try and dictate things like this. For goodness sake, we even have an internet policy that allows surfing on breaks and lunches. this is the problem with beaurocracies :-t
Image
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 841
Joined: 13 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: charleston, wv

Postby blankman » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:20 am

free wrote:what is the world coming to when they take away our fantasy freedom?
i sent a pretty angry letter to the IT manager pretty much stating that they are only asking for a disgruntled work environment when they try and dictate things like this. For goodness sake, we even have an internet policy that allows surfing on breaks and lunches. this is the problem with beaurocracies :-t


Excuse me for differing, but you are paid to work. Time spent surfing the web is the company's time and the company's money that's going to waste. If I was your employer I'd be mad if I saw you looking at fantasy baseball during work hours. During lunch or breaks are different stories though.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby free » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:28 am

blankman wrote:
free wrote:what is the world coming to when they take away our fantasy freedom?
i sent a pretty angry letter to the IT manager pretty much stating that they are only asking for a disgruntled work environment when they try and dictate things like this. For goodness sake, we even have an internet policy that allows surfing on breaks and lunches. this is the problem with beaurocracies :-t


Excuse me for differing, but you are paid to work. Time spent surfing the web is the company's time and the company's money that's going to waste. If I was your employer I'd be mad if I saw you looking at fantasy baseball during work hours. During lunch or breaks are different stories though.



that's why i mentioned our policy of internet surfing during breaks/ lunches ;-D
Image
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 841
Joined: 13 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: charleston, wv

Re: sad sad monday...

Postby Arlo » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:49 am

free wrote:is there any way around this crap besides just finding some other place to work }:-)

Going out for drinks with the IT guys has been known to work wonders. :-D

curious_george_43545 wrote:my damn high school blocks everything...I can't check anything related to fantasy sports because it's blocked under the catergory...games

Tell them the statistics are good for you. ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8847
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cheap Seats

Postby nikku88 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:52 am

My filter doesnt seem to care about baseball.
It does filter out the Onion, wrestling sites and all Japanese-English translation sites.
I can still google for porn though. ;-)
Image
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1438
Joined: 10 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka

Postby kentx12 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:20 am

nikku88 wrote:My filter doesnt seem to care about baseball.
It does filter out the Onion, wrestling sites and all Japanese-English translation sites.
I can still google for porn though. ;-)



Glad to see the priorities are in the right place. ;-D
Image

There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17435
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 8 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lost

Postby free » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:00 pm

better tuesday :-D i don't know what happened, but they don't have me filtered out today :-? oh well ;-D
Image
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 841
Joined: 13 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: charleston, wv

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact