Brian Anderson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Brian Anderson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brian Anderson

Postby Bloody Nipples » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:09 pm

I just picked him in the shockwave dynasty minors draft (4th round). What do you guys think of the young CHW outfielder? Any current player he projects to compare with?
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SOUTHSIDE HITMEN » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:33 pm

"He's Jeremy Reed with a lot more power potential. He made the White Sox realize that Reed was expendable." -- NL scout. from ESPN.com
SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bentley » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:07 am

Well, I think Anderson's going to be a solid MLB player, but I don't see the comps to Jeremy Reed at all. Reed seems like he could top out as a special hitter of a mold similar to Tony Gwynn. Anderson strikes out much more often, and should have more HR power, as noted. I'm thinking a reasonable comp stats-wise would be Rondell White - above average in just about every aspect of the game.

Not knocking Anderson, but here are the two stat lines from AA Birmingham at age 22:
Anderson: .270/.346/.416
Reed: .409/.474/.591

Admittedly, that's Reed's best line, but hitting .400 at AA over 250 AB's is pretty rare.
Bentley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:50 am

Bentley wrote:Well, I think Anderson's going to be a solid MLB player, but I don't see the comps to Jeremy Reed at all. Reed seems like he could top out as a special hitter of a mold similar to Tony Gwynn. Anderson strikes out much more often, and should have more HR power, as noted. I'm thinking a reasonable comp stats-wise would be Rondell White - above average in just about every aspect of the game.

Not knocking Anderson, but here are the two stat lines from AA Birmingham at age 22:

Admittedly, that's Reed's best line, but hitting .400 at AA over 250 AB's is pretty rare.

Not a good idea to cut and paste a piece of someone's article, without posting your source... I believe this is from John Sickles..I just know it's not you ;-)
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JRM4833 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:41 pm

Purple Haze wrote:
Bentley wrote:Well, I think Anderson's going to be a solid MLB player, but I don't see the comps to Jeremy Reed at all. Reed seems like he could top out as a special hitter of a mold similar to Tony Gwynn. Anderson strikes out much more often, and should have more HR power, as noted. I'm thinking a reasonable comp stats-wise would be Rondell White - above average in just about every aspect of the game.

Not a good idea to cut and paste a piece of someone's article, without posting your source... I believe this is from John Sickles..I just know it's not you ;-)

:-o

:-b :-D

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball