On Beltran Moving - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

On Beltran Moving

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby John Bonzo » Sun May 04, 2003 3:53 pm

i will practically guarantee that he wont be traded to Texas. KC wants Blalock+ in return for him, and the Rangers have been very determined to keep Blalock and Teixiera both. They also think they have future CF for the Rangers in Christenson. He wont go to Texas.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby guest » Sun May 04, 2003 5:19 pm

The Rangers have not found a CF in Christenson. They like him because he is a competent replacement, to Glanville (who I don't care for), mainly because he's good in the field. I don't think they see either as a long-term solution. I would almost guarantee that they go out and get a CF in the off-season, or sign Beltran when he comes up for free agency in two. Glanville and Christenson have way too many glaring offensive weaknesses to be an every-day CF.

The Rangers have never been scared of a Boras client and I would think the Rangers will once again overpay for one of his players.

Just my opinion.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby ball crusher » Sun May 04, 2003 7:09 pm

I have also heard that Baltimore is very interested in Beltran, however they don't have the prospects the Royals are looking for. If these two were to strike a deal, it would likely need to involve a 3rd team.
ball crusher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers