What's the deal with Ichiro? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's the deal with Ichiro?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's the deal with Ichiro?

Postby zaktansky » Fri May 02, 2003 1:09 pm

What is going on with Suzuki? I gave up some talent to trade for him earlier in the season to compliment Beltran in my outfield. So far, he's been pretty unreliable. Will he snap out of this funk? He was shaky the end of last season, too! I was thinking about platooning him with Baldelli until he shows more consistency. Is that smart?
zaktansky

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Fri May 02, 2003 6:23 pm

If I were you I would trade him when you can. WHile his name might still hold some strong trade value. Expect last year's numbers from him.

Postby blankman » Fri May 02, 2003 8:05 pm

I really don't think he'll do much better than he is now. I think he's pretty much washed up. I expect .290 and 30 sb's from him this year, because I just figure pitchers and fielders have figured him out and he isn't getting as many infield hits this year.
blankman

All you Ichiro Haters

Postby homerunhitter420 » Sat May 03, 2003 4:58 am

Keep the faith. I am a die-hard Mariner fan and have been watching Ichiro closely. He is hitting the ball fairly well, however he's just not finding the gaps. His natural hitting ability is being questioned right now, and he knows it. Therefore he may be pressing a bit. He has the best eyes and the best bat control I have ever seen. He literally swings the bat like a tennis racket! All it will take for him to break out, is one or two good games to build his confidence back up. I would make a move for Ichiro while his stock is down, because once he heats up, there's no looking back.
homerunhitter420

Re: All you Ichiro Haters

Postby HOOTIE » Sun May 04, 2003 3:22 am

[quote= He has the best eyes and the best bat control I have ever seen. He literally swings the bat like a tennis racket! [/quote]

Ichiro doesnt have anything close to the best eyes. Hes a hacker, rarely walks. And those off balance lunges at the ball is why he cant drive it, instead relying on 50 infield hits a year.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Return to Baseball Leftovers