My bro is off to Spring Training.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

My bro is off to Spring Training....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My bro is off to Spring Training....

Postby RynMan » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:35 am

So my younger brother left this morning to head to Fort Myers. I live in Brisbane, Australia so its gonna take him 30 hours to get to Florida. Is hard for all the aussie guys, cuz they are away from home for half of the year. Makes it that much harder to get on the plane and leave for a second season I guess....dunno how he does it. Anyways he is a pitcher in rookie ball with the Twins and is his second season. So hopefully ina few years I can take him on my fantasy team ;-) .

Does anyone else know anyone who is in the minors? Do they get home sick or is it okay to be in the same country?

Also, has anyone ever used any good web chat/cam programs? Wouldnt mind keepin in touch with him using one.....
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pablo975 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:28 am

Well, a friend of the family is a minor league pitcher for San Diego and I think he uses a Blackberry type thing to chat via IM with friends and family alot.....

He does get homesick, but he loves it. I don't know one minor leaguer (and I've known a lot of them) who DIDN'T get homesick or just sick of riding the bus leagues....but they all continue to do it...cause hey, there's always another hot young skank in the next town who will make it ALL better!

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:34 am

God 30 hours on a plane! I'd die..I hate flying...Use netmeeting or yahoo to keep intouch via webcam
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby nikku88 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:41 am

I assume the plane lands a few times. Maybe in Japan.
I use msn for chatting, it's simple and easy and can use a webcam with it. I don't use a webcam cause then I would have to wear clothes. ;-)
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Nomar4prez » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:43 pm

Does anyone else know anyone who is in the minors? Do they get home sick or is it okay to be in the same country?

Ya, the guy in my signature.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:50 pm

Congrats to your bro. I hope that he has a good time and gets picked up. ;-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby BigMusky » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:50 pm

Funny thing about baseball is everyone knows someone in minors, but not many know anyone in the majors.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Re: My bro is off to Spring Training....

Postby Clincher » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:27 pm

RynMan wrote:So my younger brother left this morning to head to Fort Myers. I live in Brisbane, Australia so its gonna take him 30 hours to get to Florida. Is hard for all the aussie guys, cuz they are away from home for half of the year. Makes it that much harder to get on the plane and leave for a second season I guess....dunno how he does it. Anyways he is a pitcher in rookie ball with the Twins and is his second season. So hopefully ina few years I can take him on my fantasy team ;-) .

Also, has anyone ever used any good web chat/cam programs? Wouldnt mind keepin in touch with him using one.....

Is his name Grant Balfour? :-?
Clincher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DK » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:00 pm

Grant was born in Sydney, not Brisbane, so I doubt it.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:44 pm

Haha no, not Grant Balfour. And considering my bro is playing rookie ball, I'd say it fairly safe to say it isnt him. Funny though, my brother's agent's business partner is Grant Balfour's dad. Crazy huh. Thanks for the suggestions on webchat/cam programs guys! will check em out.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk