Cafe Challenge '05 - DRAFT RESULTS! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cafe Challenge '05 - DRAFT RESULTS!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby kentx12 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:53 pm

Cornbreads team looks really good.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17436
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 8 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lost

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:55 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:Anyone care to set some odds on the winner of this league?


How can you? The draft is less than half of the battle - and all of the teams are pretty equal, at least no team is out of it. It mostly depends on whether LBJ gets a girlfriend, Corn gets busy at work, Erboes doesn't violate his parole etc.. Any of those events would take up an owner's time and take a team out of contention.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 261)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:56 pm

Kent and Posada in the 10th were steals. Feliz in the 21st looks good.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15115
(Past Year: 291)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby LBJackal » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:57 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
LBJackal wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Bonds: .348
Mora: .290
Loretta: .306
I-Rod: .297
Guillen: .280
Finley: .283
Alou: .281
Delgado: .272
Drew: .270

There's your 9 starters... comes out to .290 overall. Bonds is high but doesn't get many AB's.

Cabrera: .291
Boone: .273
Beltran: .287
Sheffield: .313
Kendall: .289
Casey: .314
Pods: .266
Koskie: .270
Gonzo: .298


:-D

LBJ - do you realize you discounted the BA of each of my starters - some by .04 or more - while similarly boosting the BA of almost every one of your players?

thats pretty funny - especially since I still beat you. }:-)


I didn't discount or boost anything, those are the values I've been using. I didn't change them to make your team seem worse. Drew is the only one I think could be bumped up a little, but it woudln't affect the overall average too much.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby NZF » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:19 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:Anyone care to set some odds on the winner of this league?


How can you? The draft is less than half of the battle - and all of the teams are pretty equal, at least no team is out of it. It mostly depends on whether LBJ gets a girlfriend, Corn gets busy at work, Erboes doesn't violate his parole etc.. Any of those events would take up an owner's time and take a team out of contention.


Well isn't that a bookmakers job? To look at all the variables and set the book accordingly.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:22 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:Anyone care to set some odds on the winner of this league?


How can you? The draft is less than half of the battle - and all of the teams are pretty equal, at least no team is out of it. It mostly depends on whether LBJ gets a girlfriend, Corn gets busy at work, Erboes doesn't violate his parole etc.. Any of those events would take up an owner's time and take a team out of contention.


Well isn't that a bookmakers job? To look at all the variables and set the book accordingly.


what bookies do you know taking odds on fantasy sports leagues?


ok odds:

Erboes +200
Everybody else +1500
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 261)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby bleach168 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:24 pm

Anyone want to explain why the draft was held this early?
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5058
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 22 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mustangs989 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:25 pm

bleach168 wrote:Anyone want to explain why the draft was held this early?

Because we couldn't find any other time that everyone was available.
Image
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5540
Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Maybe next year...

Postby NZF » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:26 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
what bookies do you know taking odds on fantasy sports leagues?


ok odds:

Erboes +200
Everybody else +1500


Well, you for a start.

I'll take $100 worth of mtarail at +1500
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:30 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
what bookies do you know taking odds on fantasy sports leagues?


ok odds:

Erboes +200
Everybody else +1500


Well, you for a start.

I'll take $100 worth of mtarail at +1500


I'm no bookie.

The authorities were never able to prove anything...beyond a reasonable doubt at least. God bless our legal system :-D
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 261)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 0:17 hours
(and 96 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact