Cafe Challenge '05 - DRAFT RESULTS! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cafe Challenge '05 - DRAFT RESULTS!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mtarail » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:54 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:bonds falls to 17, i like that.
id take prior over pedro in a heartbeat.
kolbs first sp is odalis?! not good.
nzf's first four picks last names ended with ez's.
best team = mtarail.

I like the way you think. ;-D

I'm a little concerned about my pitching. My 2 top SP's both have big question marks. I could use a real nice year from Bonderman and for Borowski to get the closer job.

But this was a good draft. Every single team seems to have a serious weakness, and I've got no idea who's gonna win...
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:55 pm

Mills13 wrote:Why in the world would Randy Johnson be taken that high?

i have RJ ranked 3rd overall this year in a redraft league...several solid teams, i like mustangs the best if he can find another closer.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:55 pm

I like Mustangs and MrMarleys - nice balance.

I'll be honest - Im half giddy about my team. On paper it looks dominate - below avg in SBs, but it has Dirty on the bench. I also need either Tsao to remain COL closer or get another.

I had a lot of guys fall to me. ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:56 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Looking at Cornbread's crew, I wonder if it's possible to get negative points in the strikeout category. Erboes seems ready to win the his 2001 fantasy league.

I like New Zealand Fan's team.

what do you mean? I thought I have very good Ks. :-?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:05 pm

You're right. I somehow missed Johan.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby free » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:08 pm

interesting, although the majority in the cafe seem to favor taking hitting in the first few rounds it looks as though not one team made it past rd. four without swiping a pitcher. should be a good league though ;-D
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Bloody Nipples » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:09 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
Bloody Nipples wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:
KolbSaves wrote:
Strasil42 wrote:the picks are all blurry

click on it to enlarge?

Im an idiot. Thanks

But am i seeing things?/ i swear it says carlos lee 3rd round... and he even went right before huff. Gotta be the worst pick of the draft. 3rd round??????????

I'm happy with that pick. I have Lee going...

.300, 33, 95, 100, 12

what do u have huff at???

0.304, 34, 89, 108, 4

My numbers for Lee are what I think he is a lock to reach. I think he could have 40 HRs with 120 RBI. Last year he didnt hit a HR till late May, and still ended up with 30.
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:12 pm

Well, obviously I like my team, and couldn't be happier to have Beltran fall to #4. I waited too long to grab guys like I-Rod and Vernon Wells, and I was hoping Affeldt would last longer, but he didn't. My only hole that I see is saves. I have 2 closers now, but don't have a ton of confidence in Cordero. Other than that everything looks real solid.

And just for fun, I took last year's champ, erboes, and Tribe-Fan, because he uses the same set of projections as erboes (I think) and compared their teams to mine using my projections. Obviously, there will be a bias because they're my projections, but of us three (only using the first 9 hitters and 1250 IP drafted) I had the best overall R, BA, SB, W, ERA, and WHIP.

Of course, there will be injuries and waiver additions, so nothing is certain, but I think I'm in a lot better shape than last year when I had Boone in the 2nd, Posada in the 3rd, Giambi in the 4th, Loaiza, Redman, Herges, well you get the picture I drafted horribly.

Can't wait for April }:-)

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mtarail » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:19 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:
0.304, 34, 89, 108, 4

My numbers for Lee are what I think he is a lock to reach. I think he could have 40 HRs with 120 RBI. Last year he didnt hit a HR till late May, and still ended up with 30.

Mr. Nipples, I love Carlos Lee. He's a stud. But can you really say he's a lock to hit those #'s? He's a lock to hit 3 more jacks than he ever has in the past? He's a lock to virtually match his career high in BA? All of this without as many bats surrounding him as in Chicago and in a bigger park than Chicago?

I mean, I hope you're right cuzz I've got Lee in another league. but I'm not as sure as you are that he can hit those #'s.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:27 pm

LBJackal wrote:And just for fun, I took last year's champ, erboes, and Tribe-Fan, because he uses the same set of projections as erboes (I think) and compared their teams to mine using my projections. Obviously, there will be a bias because they're my projections, but of us three (only using the first 9 hitters and 1250 IP drafted) I had the best overall R, BA, SB, W, ERA, and WHIP.

Of course everyone has thier own opinions, but I cant see how you guys can match me in Rs, BA, ERA, and WHIP - not even close in Rs and BA.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers