Rate my Scrubby Team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my Scrubby Team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my Scrubby Team

Postby AznHisoka » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:48 pm

This is a 10-team roto league that counts hits, as well as the other basic categories(runs, hrs, rbis, avg, wins, era, sv's, k's, and whip). So offense is valued a little more. I decided to punt saves and get quality setup men. Now my question is: Should I trade an AJ Burnett or Buerhle for someone like a Mike Lowell or some other 3b ? Or is it possible I need another quality starter? Do you think I could contend in the stolen bases category or do I need another base swiper? Thanks guys.

My team:
Catcher: Jason Varitek
1B: Jim Thome
2B: Jose Reyes
3B: Shea Hillenbrand
CI: Adam Dunn
SS: Jimmy Rollins
OF: Bobby Abreu
OF: Hideki Matsui
OF: A. Rowand
Util: Paul Konerko
Util: Jeff Bagwell
Bench: Troy Glaus
Bench: Ray Durham

SP: Roy Oswalt
SP: M. Buehrle
P: AJ Burnett
P: Tom Glavine
P: Steve Trachsel
RP: Juan Rincon
RP: Akinori Otsuka
RP: Damarso Marte
RP: Scott Linebrink
RP: Ray King
AznHisoka
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gtabaplayr1 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:47 pm

Your SBs are fine with Abreu Rollines Reyes and Dunn (20 sb's possibly). Im not an advocate for punting any category especially saves, granted u will be able to pick one or two guys up over the course of the season, but you definitely should have picked up alteast 1 solid closer and a few guys that are less proven but are closing for their teams. By punting saves you need to have a distinct advantage over other teams in a number of other categories. I don't think you drafted well enough to punt saves i.e. hillenbrand at 3rd will not be getting it done. Your starting pitching is rather weak especially for a 10 team league. I'm going to assume right/wrong that you probably over valued a number of guys and reached for them in you draft. Probably guys like reyes and dunn. I can't really figure out who your 2nd and 3rd round picks were maybe Thome and Oswalt? Both a reach aswell in my opinion. When 1st base is very deep and you could have picked Oswalt up in the 5rd in many cases. Buehrle also is only a good start on the road (check his splits). Burnett was good pick but im skeptical about Glavine and Trachsel you should have picked up guys who are younger with bigger upside.
gtabaplayr1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Robert91 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:53 pm

Your offense is fine. You need help on your pitchers. Glavine and Trachsel are two of your starting pitchers. They won't put up the numbers. I would suggest to even out your team with a trade. Please rate mine
Robert91
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team