Lookin for opinions! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Lookin for opinions!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LBJackal » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:03 am

I don't like McPherson at 3B or Castillo at 2B, but other than that, it's a great team. You should be near or at the top of every pitching category, and you're hitting is good too. Your power looks set so maybe you can trade Castillo and somebody else for Reyes. You could probably throw McPherson in too and then get Blake from the FA pool. I'd actually take Koskie over both McPherson and Blake, so maybe he's out there too. And I'd probably replace Crisp with a FA OF, maybe somebody like Mench or Jenkins. I'd also replace Lieberthal with AJ.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:50 pm

No way do I deal Pedro. Good pitching staff, but too much injury/youth risk with Burnett, Penny, and Bonderman.

Why make a deal on 3B? McPherson will be put on DL if he can't play, so wait, DL him and pick up Blake., who will also give you a little 3b/OF combo and hit much better than Inge. I'm not buying his improvement from last year, since it was all in fluky batting average, and expect a big regression.

I don't think Lieberthal is as much a concern as OCab. AJ's younger and likely to provide the same value, assuming somebidy doesn't punch him out just for being a jerk.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby sockeye » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:36 pm

How many teams, 12?

Unlike some others on here, I'd still be looking to tweak your SP staff. It's great on potential, but has substantial downside if Bonderman doesn't improve and Penny and/or Burnett prove to not be 100%.

I understand (and agree with, to some extent) the whole MR strategy, and you have some very good ones, but I think they are taking up a bit too much space. Urbina and Percival will probably only help you if they are closers; if (or when) it becomes clear that one of them won't be closing, you need to punt 'em via either trade of ww. I'd use that spot to get a 6th SP for insurance.

A for 3B, i'd be pretty worried about going into the season with McP as my starter. Young guys w/ hi K rates can really get into funks (see Pat Burell), and he is already suffering from injuries. If you think Blake will still be on the WW when they place McP on the DL (as GoToWar suggested), then wait; otherwise, I'd grab Blake now.

Also, I would not deal Pedro. You've got two stud SPs already locked up, why mess with that?
sockeye
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RAmst23 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:44 pm

I think your fine with Lieberthal and Castillo, but I agree with the board on need something besides Dallas at 3B. I'd actually wait and see how your pitching is coming before making a trade or decision. Let the season start!! If things aren't panning out maybe make a trade, but otherwise use the team you drafted and see what happens.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby RynMan » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:07 am

I replaced Lieberthal with Inge (I like Inge for this year), and added Blake at 3rd. Am holding onto Urbina til the start of the season just in case he is traded.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team