Red Sox t-shirts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Red Sox t-shirts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby JRM4833 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:58 pm

blankman wrote:I'm not pissed about it. I just think its dumb because it doesn't make sense.

Yeah well the post I replied to was not all about that one single shirt. Think the shirt is stupid all you want but you made assumptions and accusations toward Sox fans while at the same time saying that Yankee fans wouldn't do something so dumb. Show me a Sox fan who "did" this and then make that claim. It's some stupid T shirt company and you came across awful harsh about it.

General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:45 am

OK guys....lets just laugh at the funny stuff and not get to personal here... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:52 am

DieHardCubbie wrote:OK guys....lets just laugh at the funny stuff and not get to personal here... :-)

Good point! The Red Sox vs Yankees rivalry gets downright nasty - about as bad as the conservatives vs liberals rivalry in the old political forum we had here. Lighten up everyone, it's only a game - we're not talking global domination here (or are we???).
:-D :-b :-)
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eftda » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:41 pm

http://www.yanktees.com/

theres one for the yankees
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:43 pm

eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:54 pm

blankman wrote:
JRM4833 wrote:
blankman wrote:Who's being a sore loser? You guys are making things up. The slogan about Jeter makes no sense and thus is stupid. There's nothing else to it.

If you say so. You don't have to respond to my post if you don't want to I guess. But you seem way too pissed about a T-shirt that some guy made to get a few laughs and make a bit of money on.

I'm not pissed about it. I just think its dumb because it doesn't make sense.
Well it doesn't make sense because it was created by a Boston fan...simple as that... They sit around and waste time thinking about how to make fun of yankees fans.. Good for them... The Jeter T-Shirt makes no sense at all. A-Rod slaps balls is funny though...

In the words of boston fans everywhere this is Fweakin Wetarded....

By the way 1918, the curse be with you, 26-1 yadda yadda go Yankees!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:58 pm

acsguitar wrote:
blankman wrote:
JRM4833 wrote:
blankman wrote:Who's being a sore loser? You guys are making things up. The slogan about Jeter makes no sense and thus is stupid. There's nothing else to it.

If you say so. You don't have to respond to my post if you don't want to I guess. But you seem way too pissed about a T-shirt that some guy made to get a few laughs and make a bit of money on.

I'm not pissed about it. I just think its dumb because it doesn't make sense.

Well it doesn't make sense because it was created by a Boston fan...simple as that... They sit around and waste time thinking about how to make fun of yankees fans.. Good for them... The Jeter T-Shirt makes no sense at all. A-Rod slaps balls is funny though...

In the words of boston fans everywhere this is Fweakin Wetarded....

By the way 1918, the curse be with you, 26-1 yadda yadda go Yankees!

Who says it was even made by a Sox fan? As I've already pointed out these shirts were made by some guy who wanted to make money. Hell I'd sell Yankee Tshirts if I could make a million dollars on it.

All that matters to me is that the Sox are champs today. Yesterday is fun and all, and it would be cool to sit around and talk about how great the Celtics are, but they haven't won recently so we don't sit around talking about how great they are.

Something doesn't have to make sense to be funny. And speaking of not making sense, what in the hell was the LPGA thinking making a trophy that looks like a ... a ... well judge for yourself.

General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:01 pm

Yea thats pretty much the funniest trophy ever... I enjoy looking at the picture though
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pacman » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:05 pm

JRM4833 wrote:Something doesn't have to make sense to be funny. And speaking of not making sense, what in the hell was the LPGA thinking making a trophy that looks like a ... a ... well judge for yourself.

Now THAT'S funny. ;-D

By the way, I think it was stated above, but may have gotten lost here... the same site that sells those pro-Sox/Anti-Yankee shirts ALSO sells pro-Yankee/anti-Sox shirts.

Look:

Here's the Sox one

and

Here's the Yankees one

Me thinks the guy who owns this site has no allegience to the Sox NOR the Yankees. His allegiance is to the allmighty dollar.

Again, loved that golf trophy photo... CLASSIC! B-)
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby JRM4833 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:22 pm

Yeah I got a good laugh out of it too. I just got lucky with it because I did a google image search for funny and she was just staring me in the face on page 2. Normally such a vague search gets you nothing.

But nice find about that site Pacman. Doesn't surprise me in the least. I've been saying all along the guy is probably just in it for the money.

General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk