Jason Giambi - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jason Giambi

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jason Giambi

Postby Quaker » Thu May 01, 2003 10:00 pm

Giambi is driving me absolutely crazy. Everyone says that he started slowly last year. #1 It wasn't this slowly #2 He started slowly for the first 2 weeks, this year it's been a MONTH.
Is he going to get his ass in gear, or is this going to be a bad year?
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prodpaul » Fri May 02, 2003 6:54 am

I'm with ya Quaker!! I have had him for the last three years. To tell you the truth I am about ready to offer him up for Sweeney.

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The Jury » Fri May 02, 2003 10:46 am

He's going to "get his ass in gear." Luckily for me, I play Mike Sweeney at first and Jan Gonzalez at Utility while Giambi slumps. It's worked out quite nicely. :-)
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jonnyblack » Fri May 02, 2003 3:29 pm

I gotta think he's gonna pick it up. After the first week and a half, i put ibanez at first and grabbed Rocco Baldeli from the FA wire to fill the util. Things have worked out nicely. Only question now is, what happens if and when giambi picks it up, who do I sit. Those are the kind of problems I like to have as a fantasy manager.
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby NY1b23 » Fri May 02, 2003 3:38 pm

He's still walking and his swings are fine. I watch almost every Yankee game and he's started to hit the ball hard....sometimes it's caught. I believe the main problem is he's being DH'd too much. Sitting on the bench thinking about it perpetuates the slump. He should be at 1B till he gets hot. Nick Johnson's a good fielding 1B, but he's no Mattingly.

It would be stupid to trade Giambi now.
NY1b23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Giambi

Postby Quaker » Fri May 02, 2003 10:51 pm

Another great night so far for Giambi, 0-4 3 ks. He is now 2 for his last 17. At this point, I don't think I could trade him if I wanted to.
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby swani182 » Fri May 02, 2003 10:55 pm

it's funny you guys say that, b/c i thought i was so smart when i traded sweeney and oswalt to get giambi like 3 weeks ago. i had good pitching and wanted a free roster spot. damnit!
swani182
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SonzEclipse » Sat May 03, 2003 7:02 am

I have Giambi for my second strait year. I could deal with the exuses made last year, how he was on a new team and all that. But whats the deal this year. Its absolutly horrific. I played him three strait weeks and have sat him down since. Im doin fine with Helton ( B-) ) at 1rst and Sheffield at Ut ( B-) ), but those three weeks, he really brought down my average by a good .20. If he was playing in allstar form, Id be able to get Soriano... But :-C hurry up and wait for Giambi to return to that All Star form. Because if Torre decides to keep him DHin, he wont snap out of the slump. PUT HIM BACK AT 1B!!!!
[b][color=white] I'm a god send, the fallen angel and I do sin. Far from perfection but still considered a gem. Thank you lord for givin' me wind beneath my wingz, cause when the miracle spittin there shall be no witnesses to da pain. [/color][/b]
SonzEclipse
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jebatzel » Sat May 03, 2003 10:18 am

yeah Giambi has been really pulling my average down.

I am thinking about having no one start at 1st because my other guy is Paul Korenko

I have very rather good leads in all offensive stats

JB
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Sat May 03, 2003 11:42 am

Well i just traded for both Berkman and Giambi for Delgado,Bernie 2 days ago because guys like them you know are gonna rebound in a big way. I'd say if you have them hang on to them for atleast a couple more weeks. If you dont have them, go get em because its only a matter of time before they start pounding the hell outta the ball from here on out. I'm sure within the next couple of weeks when Giambi and Berkman pull out of their slumps that that guy is gonna wish he held out a little bit longer.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers