HEADS UP HOLD 'EM - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

HEADS UP HOLD 'EM

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:02 pm

Everywhere that I've played the dealer is the small blind and the other guy is on the button.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:42 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Everywhere that I've played the dealer is the small blind and the other guy is on the button.

Same here
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Irish » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:59 pm

Wow, this isn't a complicated one.

The small blind is to the left of the dealer. Since there is only one person left of the dealer they are the small blind. The next person to the left is the big blind. That person is, you guessed it, the dealer.

The dealer is on the button, therefore last to act by definition. The dealer is the big blind.

I don't understand what the confusion is.
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:09 pm

LBJackal wrote:Another bad beat story (not me thankfully :-b ) was last week at my house, when I had a couple friends over and we were playing with my uncle. All night he's hittign straights, flushes, everything. It's kinda the joke of the night because he didn't know how to play until then.

So anyway, near the end, and for the pot (not much, I think it was only a $10 buy-in each) they both go all-in, and one guy has pocket 7's, the other guy, my lucky uncle, has 5-6 of spades, and they both flip them. Seeing this, the other guy thinks he's pretty much won with 7's. The flop comes, and it's 4S, 7S, and like 10C or something. So trip 7's VS open ended straight. Could get interesting... then the turn comes, it's a 7C. 4 of a kind. Unbeatable! Then the river comes, and it's a 8S. Straight flush beats 4 of a kind, LMAO!

I know it's only for $40 or something, but I don't think I'll ever see that kind of showdown again. The guy that lost never wins, and he's the guy who always wants to play. :-D

wow - thats huge. I can see the entire room just gasping at the same time... 8-o
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:11 pm

Irish wrote:Wow, this isn't a complicated one.

The small blind is to the left of the dealer. Since there is only one person left of the dealer they are the small blind. The next person to the left is the big blind. That person is, you guessed it, the dealer.

The dealer is on the button, therefore last to act by definition. The dealer is the big blind.

It's not really that simple. My research since I posed this question indicates that the dealer is the small blind after the deal but once the flop comes, the non-dealer is the first to act then and on any bets to follow in the hand.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Irish » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:16 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Irish wrote:Wow, this isn't a complicated one.

It's not really that simple. My research since I posed this question indicates that the dealer is the small blind after the deal but once the flop comes, the non-dealer is the first to act then and on any bets to follow in the hand.

How are you small blind after the deal? I think you meant before. I agree the non dealer is the first to act. I think that's a given. But the small blind is the first bet, big the 2nd, and then the next person acts first BEFORE the flop. That would mean the small blind acts first before the flop in a H2H situation. Just use the basic rules and apply it to a H2H situation, they don't change. The small blind is left of dealer. Big blind is 2 to the left of dealer. First to act left of that. After the flop the first to act is the small blind if they stayed in the pot pre-flop.

It's just that in this case the small blind is the first to act both before and after the flop.
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:27 pm

Sorry. I meant small blind before the deal. It is confusing but I believe that what I wrote is true when you start with more than 2 players and then you get down to 2.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to General Talk