HEADS UP HOLD 'EM - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

HEADS UP HOLD 'EM

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

HEADS UP HOLD 'EM

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:40 am

I am in discussions with someone over the rules once it goes to heads up. I would appreciate it if someone in the know would answer this. When playing heads up, who is the big blind?? The dealer or the other player?? Thanks.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:50 am

small blind is always the person to the left of the dealer ...so yes the dealer is big blind
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:59 am

wrveres wrote:small blind is always the person to the left of the dealer ...so yes the dealer is big blind

That's what I thought but some guy keeps arguing with me that when it's heads up, the dealer is the small blind. So I hit him in the head with a beer bottle. }:-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:59 am

Actually, once it's down to heads up, the dealer is the small blind. ;-) I just pulled up a final table with only two people at Pokerstars to verify it. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:01 am

Madison wrote:Actually, once it's down to heads up, the dealer is the small blind. ;-) I just pulled up a final table with only two people at Pokerstars to verify it. :-)

Then I guess that I should apologize. :-o Do you have an explanation for that because logic dictates the other way around.
Lofunzo

Postby Madison » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:10 am

Here's a thread discussing it, but unfortunately, no one gives a link to the actual rule and the opinions differ:

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/forum/viewtopic~t~231~highlight~heads+rules.php

I know at Pokerstars, once you reach heads up, the dealer is the small blind.

Hope that helps some and sorry I can't get more exact. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:25 am

Madison wrote:Here's a thread discussing it, but unfortunately, no one gives a link to the actual rule and the opinions differ:

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/forum/viewtopic~t~231~highlight~heads+rules.php

I know at Pokerstars, once you reach heads up, the dealer is the small blind.

Hope that helps some and sorry I can't get more exact. :-/

That's cool although I always like to get the logical advice. Thanks for looking. After the blinds and once the flop is dealt, the dealer acts last, right??

I just read it again........Thanks, Mad. That link was very helpful. ;-D Now, lemme pull the glass from his skull. :-o
Lofunzo

Postby LBJackal » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:38 am

Me and my friends always argue about this... whose small blind in heads up. We usually play that it switches to the dealer being small, so I guess we were right (well, I had no clue, they know apparently from watching it on TV or something).

BTW I was just playing a game, started at 2K (play money, but still...) and worked up to 6K pretty quick... then I get pocket 9's, everybody's betting big pre-flop, so I take a risk and go in with 'em. 3 suits come up on the flop, including a 9 - at which point I get wood. Long stoy short, JH comes up on the river, one guy gets a straight with it, ones guy gets a flush with it. $@($^@$!!!!!

Just thought I'd vent a bit :-D Third time getting trips within about 10 hands, and the first 2 were only 2's and 7's and I made big $$$ off of them. So I guess I had it coming.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:14 pm

You want to hear a bad beat story? I was in a $20 live buy-in tourney(62 people entered), and I went all in with my pocket Kings, and got called by 56suited......before the FLOP!!!! This is the same guy who gambled ALL his chips on a draw that took over half my stack. And the cards turned 778....3.....4. I know that's not a horrible beat(I've had much worse), but the reason this one stung so much was b/c we we were so close to the money. If I had doubled up there, I probably could have coasted into the money. I learned later that the guy who knocked me out didn't make it to the money either.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:41 pm

Another bad beat story (not me thankfully :-b ) was last week at my house, when I had a couple friends over and we were playing with my uncle. All night he's hittign straights, flushes, everything. It's kinda the joke of the night because he didn't know how to play until then.

So anyway, near the end, and for the pot (not much, I think it was only a $10 buy-in each) they both go all-in, and one guy has pocket 7's, the other guy, my lucky uncle, has 5-6 of spades, and they both flip them. Seeing this, the other guy thinks he's pretty much won with 7's. The flop comes, and it's 4S, 7S, and like 10C or something. So trip 7's VS open ended straight. Could get interesting... then the turn comes, it's a 7C. 4 of a kind. Unbeatable! Then the river comes, and it's a 8S. Straight flush beats 4 of a kind, LMAO!

I know it's only for $40 or something, but I don't think I'll ever see that kind of showdown again. The guy that lost never wins, and he's the guy who always wants to play. :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk